Android tablet address book

1. markham01

markham01 Member

I am planning to buy an android tablet for my mother (not a tech savvy person at all) , any suggestions for 10" tablets. What are the things we look for when buying a tablet. She will need to read some newspapers, have GPS on it, play sudoku and other puzzles, listen to radio and songs.

Further, is there any simple app, where she can enter phone numbers and addresses from her address book. She is old fashioned, I want her to copy all her entries in her address book to this app so that it is easy to search when she needs it. Her addres book is very unorganised, it is not in any alphabetical or any order.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Welcome to the Android Forums!

Are you looking for a mainstream tablet with good technical support? Or do you want something economical? Unfortunately these sometimes are mutually exclusive.

I own a Motorola Xoom which is a great 10-inch Android tablet. ASUS and Acer have just recently released good 10-inch Android tablets. If you can find one, Viewsonic has a great tablet called the gTablet which happens to also be reasonably priced. Archos, a European company, released the 101 which is a 10-inch Android tablet.

On the econom
    gera likes this.