1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Android Tablet and wifi

1. wttucker

wttucker Member

Both my kids recently got android tablets..for the life of me we can figure out how to connect to wifi. Connection good on pc so has to be tablet. Any suggestions would be great!

Advertisement
  2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

What brand/model tablets?

Some tablets only support Wireless-B/G whereas newer wireless routers/access points support Wireless-N. When you go into App Drawer -> Settings -> Wireless & Networks and enable Wi-Fi. Next click on Wi-Fi settings. Once the tablet scans for networks can you see your home network SSID? Click on the network and it should try to connect. Does it prompt you for a password? Or respond with an error?
  3. wttucker

wttucker Member

It does show our mifi but says not in range
  4. wttucker

wttucker Member

we can also put in our password
  5. Martimus

Sounds like the SSID was saved on the tablet. Try clicking on it. It should ask if you want to forget the SSID. click yes. Then turn off Wi-Fi and turn it back on. Let it scan for networks again. And then check to see if it can see your networks SSID. My guess, based on the info provided thus far, is that it can't.
  6. wttucker

wttucker Member

Would the SSID be located under settings for wifi?
  7. Martimus

Yes...
  8. wttucker

wttucker Member

Im sorry..I have look every where and cant seem to find that option anywhere.
  9. wttucker

wttucker Member

I dont know if this help but the only info on the box is I-robot We purchased them through Sears and later found out the went through a vendor. There is no direction or anything inside
  10. wttucker

wttucker Member

found a net work mode and a net work oporator functions but not sure what it is suppose to be on
  11. wttucker

wttucker Member

Does anyone know of any info on these tablets? Still no luck connecting with wifi. always says not in range and wont connect
  12. Cecille

Cecille New Member

I want to use my smartbro, but something is missing, What is dongle?
  13. zurlazy

zurlazy New Member

hi there
    I have the same problem and as you gessed it cant see my networks SSID . so is there an answere ?
  14. IsthmusMegs

IsthmusMegs Member

I just got a SuperPad IV Android 2.3 and my wifi says error, and it doesn't even acknowledge the ethernet connection. Am I missing something?
  15. Vampirashu

Vampirashu New Member

Hello!
    I have a problem with Kudee M8 tablet
    I tryed to visit their website(ww.kudee.cn)...e:mad:rror

It works good for this price :D
    The problem is that i can NOT conect on wi-fi
    I switch ON the wi-fi...error:confused:
    "Add wi-fi network" is not working:confused:

help me please!
    :(:(:(
  16. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Yeh it's going not found. More than likely ceased trading. That's often the way with Shenzhen tech companies.

Have you tried factory resetting it? Although it could well be faulty. Where did you buy it?

Looking at this thread, broken wifi seems to be a common problem with these devices.
  17. Vampirashu

Vampirashu New Member

I bought it from cyprus.
  18. Vampirashu

Vampirashu New Member

can i use Uberoid to flash it?
  19. 350X

350X Well-Known Member

broken WiFi and no or very limited access to the google market is very common with them as they need updates and patches done.

Why you only buy from a store who test updates and mods them before hand. Lots of places do it and it doesn't cost any more then direct from China.

I got my pre modded tablet from FLsuperstore.com

slatedroid.com
    is all about tablets like that, mostly goes by what CPU is in it more then brand when its off brand.
  20. NawTqT

NawTqT New Member

I wish I could help you, but I'm having a similar problem. My husband's Android Tablet PC is able to find my home computer's Wifi, but the Android Tablet always says, "Cannot Authenticiate". Anyone have step-by-step instructions so that we can connect the Android Tablet PC to my Wifi? Thanks. :confused: