• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android tablet connected, but no internet?

Chippie86

Lurker
May 29, 2012
Hi guys, I was just wondering if anyone can help me. Just over a week ago, I brought a new android tablet running 4.3.0 ICS. I always connect to the internet using the hotspot tether option on my Motorola Defy Mini, which runs Android 2.3.6.

So anyway, when I connect my tablet, I can use the internet for a short period before it suddenly stops working. I have shut it down, restarted it and re-connected to my hotspot again but the same thing happens. It seems I have no problem connecting my tablet to my phone via wifi, as it tells me that I am connected and the signal strength is full/strong, so I am a little confused as to why the internet would not work?

Just to be sure, I decided to connect my laptop to my mobile via the hotspot option and I had no problems. I received the internet perfectly. I repeated the same process with my Mums laptop, and again, no problem. So I don

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones