• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

android tablet wont connect

Hi all,I recently got a tablet with android 2.2 installed and im having trouble connecting to wifi. When i connect at home via my router it works perfectly. When i'm at other places where there is a wifi login page and where you need to enter a username and password i cant get to the page where you enter the username and password. Can you help? Is there something i am not doing or is there an app that could make this possible?Thank you in advance for any advice.If it helps, i *think* the tablet is a variant of the flytouch (4gb, 10 inch, android 2.2, 2 usb's, 2 microSD, 1 ethernet)

Thanks for your reply.

I can connect to the wifi network but if i open the browser it doesnt open a login webpage as it would with my laptop, phone, etc., to actually put the username and password in. Hope that makes sense.

I have looked around for apps that may help and found 1. wifi browser login 2. wifi web login but neither would install onto my tablet. I get a message popup and no option to install. Hope this helps. Thanks for your help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones