• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android tasker for wifi

sam007

Jun 26, 2010
Guys

I want to use tasker to detect a wifi SSID nearby like 'myhomessid' and then connect to just that SSID. I figured out how to toggle the wifi radio on but it typically connects to my neighbor's network. I need it to connect to myhomessid

Typically if I go to settings and chose myhomessid, it connects fine. How do I automate this with tasker?

thank you

Guys

I want to use tasker to detect a wifi SSID nearby like 'myhomessid' and then connect to just that SSID. I figured out how to toggle the wifi radio on but it typically connects to my neighbor's network. I need it to connect to myhomessid

Typically if I go to settings and chose myhomessid, it connects fine. How do I automate this with tasker?

thank you

Typically, it will try to connect to the strongest signal.
Click on your neighbors network, and see if you can delete it. The option might be "forget" network.
Once you do this, it should connect to your network first.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones