Android to Receive IR singal

1. max_imum2000

max_imum2000 New Member

hello

so basically i need my tablet to read IR signal .
    i have an android tv box with IR remote , its just a IR led connected to the box and a simple remote to control the box .
    i dont know if its just a IR LED connected directly to USB port or what
    any ideas ?

thanks

Advertisement
  2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Sorry to nitpick, but you want an IR transmitter.

There are a few available, along with remote control software. Search the Play Store for IR remote, and look for the comments to see if one seems best for you. Then, I'd consider emailing the developer to make sure of compatibility with your tablet.

Hope this helps! :)
  3. max_imum2000

max_imum2000 New Member

Nope , thats exactly the opposite of what i want .
    i dont want my tablet to be remote control
    i want a remote to control my tablet
  4. EarlyMon

Oh. My apologies, I totally misunderstood, I'm so used to people getting the two backwards.

Sorry, I got nothing on this one.
  5. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Well-Known Member

Acer has an accessory with a remote, but it's only good for controlling the tablet when using the tablet with HDMI to a TV.
  6. zuben el genub

How does this work? My Clie had IR and I was able to change channels with it by downloading the app for the TV I had.
    The Clie had IR built in. How do you add IR after the fact since the phone doesn't have a transmitter?

I'd love to have one just to annoy the Vulcan. He doesn't feel complete unless he's in charge of the remote.
  7. EarlyMon

See my post above for your market search term.

You get an add-on, plug into your phone, install the universal remote control to go with it, and you go.

Check your gear - some can be controlled via wifi and then you just need the app. ;)
  8. max_imum2000

max_imum2000 New Member

please dont turn this into another remote control how to , the net is full of it
  9. T.M.M.L

T.M.M.L Well-Known Member

Sorry I have no information to help, but I am wondering why you want to control the tablet vs the tablet being the controller?
  10. EarlyMon

I had one device into my tv via HDMI, and was able to achieve some control using another with vnc on wifi. Not very satisfactory though.

I wouldn't mind a solution like this myself - Android devices do great with media after all.

Of course, the op may have other reasons.
  11. zuben el genub

The Acer A500 does have a charging stand which comes with a remote. The remote is for the TV. I let the Vulcan use it as he has trouble with the touch screen when we have the tablet hooked up with HDMI. It's all the remote is good for.