• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Tournament

CriticalCritic

Android Expert
Nov 9, 2009
Cary, NC
i voted for the moment. not because its what it is in my pocket but because we need more people to buy/use them so we can get better app/dev support for it.

and really how is the droid superior? a slightly better cpu? (it will support flash? WHEN?) and it has android 2.0.1. well soon the moment will have 2.1(possibly before the droid gets it?)

Upvote 0
i voted for the moment. not because its what it is in my pocket but because we need more people to buy/use them so we can get better app/dev support for it.

and really how is the droid superior? a slightly better cpu? (it will support flash? WHEN?) and it has android 2.0.1. well soon the moment will have 2.1(possibly before the droid gets it?)

Have you used a Droid for an extended peroid of time? With the slight exception of the keyboard, it's a superior experience when compared to the Moment. It's faster, runs more apps (2.x vs1.5) and seems to have fewer serious bugs. Most importantly, it's not made by Samsung so it's likely to have better support in the future. Maybe when both have 2.1 there will be a smaller gap, but that has nothing to do with which is better now.

Upvote 0
Have you used a Droid for an extended peroid of time? With the slight exception of the keyboard, it's a superior experience when compared to the Moment. It's faster, runs more apps (2.x vs1.5) and seems to have fewer serious bugs. Most importantly, it's not made by Samsung so it's likely to have better support in the future. Maybe when both have 2.1 there will be a smaller gap, but that has nothing to do with which is better now.
Maybe so... but to be completely honest I'm mainly casting my vote to get more attention on this device b/c I'm stuck with it and want more support! Hopefully more support will mean less 'enduring' and more 'enjoying' of the time I have left with it. :eek:

Upvote 0
I agree after playin with my girlfriends droid it is no comparison. The droid is the superior android experience. Its faster running apps rendering web pages, smoother navigation between homescreens if I didn't hate verizon so much I would have made the leap. But I think I will be ditching my moment soon for an htc device the supersonic they have a stronger following and more dev support as much as I love my keyboard and my samsung moment we all know samsung dropped the ball with the moment. I would hate to be without a keyboard but the supersonic is gonna be a beast of a phone I think I will give it a shot. Sry for rambling.

Upvote 0
Thats nice, but the Droid is another order of hardware higher than what the Moment has. The Moment can't even play some of the games that the Droid can. You can like the Moment's keyboard, shape etc better but you can't disagree that the Droid has better internals.

That's BS! I was checking out my Uncle's Droid the other day. I wanted to call my Mom. So I typed "mom" into the contacts search and hit send. It called my Grandma! Stupit phone! :D

Upvote 0
That's BS! I was checking out my Uncle's Droid the other day. I wanted to call my Mom. So I typed "mom" into the contacts search and hit send. It called my Grandma! Stupit phone! :D
LOL, did you seriously do that?

Reminds me of the time I put on my 'ASU' t-shirt, glanced in the mirror, and took it off b/c I thought I had put on the wrong shirt b/c it said 'USA' (at a glance)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones