• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android UI Emulator

TacoJockey

Lurker
May 31, 2013
Heres the Situation, my phone has become unresponsive to touch. I was not prepared for it to do so. So I need to perform some final interactions, to allow all my data to be imported to Google, Apps saved to an account so I can have an easy transition to a new phone.

So I was wondering if there is any kind of emulator I can hook my Phone into my PC and use my PC to emulate the phones screen interface..... I have my phone setup for Development Debugging and everything... This idea comes from when I was working the Android SDK and noticed that when I would compile and run the app, an android emulator would come up. Thought that maybe there was a solution to my problem........

Anyone have any ideas?

I'm sorry if it seems sooo vague, I'll provide any details upon asking

I guess you could use the sdk, but google should already have it automaticly synced, except for data. And in my experience youd need root for syncing data anyways, if youvare root thebsdk would be the way to go.

If you are not rooted but want that data you may not be out of luck but I haven't done enough looking..

If you don't nees app data but you need photos ect. You can just put your old sd card into your new decice.

Chances are better than not you'll want app data however.. in which case I'm not a whole lot of help I'm sorry :/

Boyo

Upvote 0
The android SDK emulator is something different. It provides a stock android image for you to test apps on, its not a large screen version of your phone.

the apps you downloaded should be all accessible when you login to google play with your new phone/old account, but its been kinda buggy sometimes so who knows.

You are basically looking for a way to hook up your computer screen to work as your phones screen, which i dont know if thats possible.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones