• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ANDROID UNINSTALLER THAT MONITORS APPS INSTALLATION???

badsantakq

Lurker
Nov 26, 2014
Hey all!

I'm brand new to the Android world and purchased a Motorola Moto G phone about a month ago - LOVE it! I am NOT a tech newbie though.

Question - I have long been using Revo Uninstaller Pro and ZSoft Uninstaller for my Windows 7 PC. I love these uninstaller programs because they both take a snapshot of my system before installation of any software, and will monitor / analyze the installation process of any new applications I install on my laptop computer. So, when I uninstall these previously monitored software applications, it uninstalls cleanly - registry items, broken links, folders, cache files, temporary files, other remnants usually left behind through the Windows Add/Remove programs.

SOOOOOO, is there an equivalent uninstaller for Android? So far, I've done research, and it seems there are a few options out there but NONE will take snapshots of my Android system before apps installation and also monitor / analyze the installation of apps. So 1) how can any apps be thoroughly and cleanly uninstalled from my Android phone? 2) which Android uninstallers can completely clean my system of remnants after uninstalling an app?

Cheers!

Unlike windows, android app installations don't embed a bunch of junk in registries or come with an army of dll relationships. Therefor there is less to undo on an uninstall. So from that perspective, the stock uninstall funtionality in Android is plenty. Worst case is a folder containing some app cache is left behind, but other than the storage used it has no affect on other apps and that can be cleaned easily using a file browser of your choice.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones