Android update (Romania)General

Last Updated: 2012-04-08 14:02:49
  1. cremson

cremson New Member

Hey i have a galaxy s2 ( unbranded) and I still have Android 2.3.4 installed. Its not rooted. Hearing about the ICS i tried to update via kies, only to find that there is no new update.
    I wanted to ask why am i still stuck on 2.3.4 (a version from september ) and how can i update to the newest version of Gingerbread if not even ICS.
    Another question would be, if i have it unbranded am i still restricted by the release dates for countries/brads? Or when can i expect to official get updates.
    Thx (btw im a new, so excuse my mistakes and errors)

Advertisement
  2. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to Android Forums cremson! :)

Although you say your phone is unbranded it is regional and it may well be that the regional firmware has not been updated. I think there are parts of Asia, for instance, that are still on 2.3.4.

If you have tried Kies and, on your phone,...

Settings > About phone > Software update

and found no updates you could still install ICS by using Odin3 v1.85, see here:-

http://androidforums.com/galaxy-s2-...ot/514914-official-ics-firmware-released.html

Alternatively you could root your phone and intall a flashable .zip file. See here for how to root:-

http://androidforums.com/galaxy-s2-...t/482994-rooting-galaxy-s2-dummies-guide.html

Grab yourself a coffee and start reading.

Hope this helps. :D
  3. cremson

cremson New Member

Thx for the welcome.

I guess i should mention i already tried to use kies to get the latest firmware and im up to date with it: PDA:KI4 PHONE:KI1 CSC:KI2 (TPH) ( this is the one im having)

Also i forgot to mention im from Romania, as u said about regional, settings.
    Ill start reading and post if i have any questions.
  4. ironass

At the moment it has only been officially released for Poland, Sweden and Hungary via Kies. The UK is Monday and I think I read somewhere that Romania is due next week as well.
  5. NM4Y

NM4Y Member

Hope to get that update this week,im from Romania too and i have an unbranded s2 working on Cosmote.
    i have PDA;KI4/PHONE:KI1/CSC:KE1(COA)I'm on 2.3.4 also.
    What does COA and TPH means?
    Regards..
  6. NM4Y

NM4Y Member

I got it COA is CSC /product code for the unbranded COSMOTE phones.:D
  7. evohicks

evohicks Well-Known Member

Unbranded in the uk is also on 2.3.4 also until the ICS update comes :)
  8. Gav400

Gav400 Well-Known Member

Its the 19th in the uk but no ics. What gives samsung. Been on 2.3.4 since september last year. They must be the slowest oem to update. Cant wait for the HTC one x and i can not have to put up with touch swiz.
  9. ironass

Contrary to my previous post above... the UK release is for, "the week commencing, Monday, 19th March".
  10. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

It was also posted on the Samsung UK front page, in the Facebook feed.
  11. darkyndy

darkyndy New Member

8 April and still no update ... my first and last Samsung smartphone that I will use.