Android update.Support

Last Updated:

1. abdulmacintosh

abdulmacintosh New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, I've just updated to Android 2.2 but cannot connect to the internet....Does anyone have any ideas please?

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Welcome to the forums, abdulmacintosh.

More information is needed before a specific remedy for your connection issue can be given to you.

What device are you using, Droid? Eris? X? etc.

Did you root the device and flash a Froyo based ROM, or by "updated" do you mean that you upgraded to Android from another phone, or that you received an update into your existing Android phone over the air ("OTA")?

..etc..

Many here are happy to help, we just need more information about your device and your situation.

dipeshkar likes this.
  3. abdulmacintosh

abdulmacintosh New Member This Topic's Starter

Welcome to the forums, abdulmacintosh.

More information is needed before a specific remedy for your connection issue can be given to you.

What device are you using, Droid? Eris? X? etc.

Did you root the device and flash a Froyo based ROM, or by "updated" do you mean that you upgraded to Android from another phone, or that you received an update into your existing Android phone over the air ("OTA")?

..etc..

Many here are happy to help, we just need more information about your device and your situation.

Sorry didn't think.
    The phone is a HTC Desire. When I connected to the internet this morning, I had a notification asking if I wanted to download a system update. I did, I let it install. then left it to load. but since then I can't connect to net using mobile internet....... sorry don't understand all the other stuff, bit of a duffer.

4. Ozymandias88

Ozymandias88 Well-Known Member

I believe after the 2.2 update on the desire you loose your APN (access point network) settings. You may have to re-input them manually. They can be found in the Settings menu, Wireless and Networks>Mobile Networks>Access Point Names.

Your carriers website should have the settings you need, if it doesn't you might try googling them.