android update??

Last Updated:

1. derrickps3

derrickps3 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

sup guys, well i woke up this morning and notice there was a black android icon in the notifications bar, it said android update(I THOUGHT IT WAS 2.1 SO I WAS HAPPY LIKE A MUG :D). i went to use the bathroom and came back to install but it had disappeared, i went to settings and click "software update" see if i can check, but nothing was available.

i am on bh_man 1.6 with twiz

anyone else notice this or am i the only one???? is there an update today?? please answer:confused:

Advertisement
  2. behold_this

behold_this Well-Known Member

Nope no update! It was likely the icon for updates to a market app. How good of a look did you really get? I from time to time get the app notification but rarely and certainly not everytime. Point of the story is no update today. Sorry man.

3. leslied73

leslied73 Active Member

1.6 has the feature that gives you notifications if you have an app with an update available from the Market. Not an Android update.

4. chadmd23

chadmd23 Well-Known Member

Its just like the Blackberry Apps notification, very flaky! I try to check at least once a day for updates.

5. derrickps3

oh ok guys, thanks for the heads up, i was so excited because i thought it was 2.1 lol. my hearts was beating fast...............still can't wait for 2.1 tho

6. Ohgami

Ohgami Well-Known Member

At this point in time I'm almost willing to bet that we'll see 2.1 when the N1 gets 2.5 Gingerbread. That is unless a breakthrough happens and 2.1 is ported by someone OTHER than Sammy.

I'm just disappointed and venting I guess. I'm with BH_MAN my next phone WILL NOT be a Samsung.

7. behold_this

+1.
    Sammy hardware=awesome
    Sammy software=crap house
    sammy customer support=non/existant

it's all about HTC! I'll be getting the incredible and kicking Sammy and tmo to the curb!

8. Ohgami

Ohgami Well-Known Member

I'll be sticking with T-Mo but hopefully I can have an "Accident" with my phone so the Insurance replaces it with a "Suitable Substitution".

9. derrickps3

agreed, the only reason i am staying with this phone until contract expires, is because i won it in samsung's giveaway. i was actually gonna get a blackberry bold 9700 if i hadn't won. i might get that after my contract expires, but do you think there would be a better blackberry out by next september? thats the month my contract ends

10. behold_this

Umm...really...ok so now we are talking about blackberry on an ANDROID forum...what is the world coming to?! Blackberry sucks ass!!

11. derrickps3

hey, imo i actually like the blackberry bold 9700. but i am sticking with the bh2 until contract ends. after that i am hoping a great phone be out by that time

12. chadmd23

chadmd23 Well-Known Member

Have fun with HTC! Need I describe all of the problems with their displays (resolution, cracking, etc), radios, lack of memory, updates, etc? Take 5 minutes in any HTC forum to see all of the problems they have.

If you complain about this phone, you will complain about every phone, none are even close to being perfect.

13. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

Err... No its all about motorola actually... They make great phones that are practically indestructible well except for droid... their hardware is mainly on par..:cool: and their software too kind of.

14. babaz

babaz Well-Known Member

I agree that Sammy makes great hardware and I believe that they rushed the behold 2 out. I will probably get the samsung galaxy s when it is available but I wish the samsung with the pico projector comes to the usa.

15. behold_this

2fr35h and chadmd must be cycling together cause you both are acting like little girls on the rag today. Just looking to talk shit on anything I say. Some one get these ladies some stayfree extra absorbant!!

16. derrickps3

lol lets all get along.