• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android version 4.4.4 Wi-Fi dropping

LilCasear

Lurker
Jun 16, 2012
Since installing Android version 4.4.4 on my Motorola Droid Maxx, my Wi-Fi signal gets weak and eventually drops out. I had no problem under 4.4 and this started immediately after the installation. I used Wi-Fi Sweetspots to check my signal and it starts out high then drops to zero at any positon I

I did a Safe Mode boot, and immediately started Wi-Fi and Chrome browser, but the connection dropped after less than 1 minute. I went to the neighbors and logged in to their network and it still dropped after less than 1 minute. So I finally did a FDR and it fixed my problem. I wonder if Microsoft and Apple require a FDR when they send out OS updates to their cellphones. Thanks for the help.

Upvote 0
Even on Windows computers when upgrading versions... I have always recommended a clean install so you avoid the minor glitches that creep in from corruptions etc... On an Android... it's not bad but on a full Windows desktop/notebook it takes quite a while to get everything setup again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones