• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Video & Night News

xsylus

Dec 15, 2009
Tucson
I went to nightly.msnbc.com on my Droid which is the website for Nightly News with Brian Williams and it loads the mobile version of the website. It lists the most recent stories and shows a link to the video. When I click the link to watch the video it loads the video player and says "loading video" but after a few seconds it shows an error saying it can't play the video. Is there a way to get it to play or is it a codec issue?

Thanks,
xsylus

While this is really not a solution to your problem, it is a workaround. If you use Dolphin browser and long hold one of the video links, then choose "link" on the popup semicircle, you can choose "Download". When you click that, you can give the video a name (or not) and download the video. Once downloaded, the video will play (though the Toyota Prius video that I downloaded was kinda crappy quality).

This was done on a Droid btw, not sure if that matters at all...

Reactions: xsylus
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones