Android Wakelock! Help!Support

1. LoftOne

LoftOne Member

Each time I take my phone off charge I have to battery pull to minimize l2_hsic wakelock, but the problems don't stop there. After that I get PowerManagerService causing 20%+ wakelock and multipdp not running far behind!
    I'm still waiting for 4.0.4 to come to the UK on my Galaxy Note. Question is, how can I prevent these processes or completely eliminate them?

Advertisement
  2. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Hello LoftOne! I moved this to the Samsung Galaxy Note forum, I am thinking you will get faster help in there. Thanks for understanding. :)
  3. yegon

yegon Well-Known Member

I never resolved this same issue with 4.0.4. For a period of two days I tried every trick going and CPU spy revealed my phone never once went into deep sleep, meaning 3 or 4 per cent battery hit an hour when idle. Since gone to cm9, now it's a dream phone, bye bye crappy Samsung firmware for good.
  4. LoftOne

LoftOne Member

What's cm9? I don't know any of the lingo for Android lol
  5. yegon

yegon Well-Known Member

CyanogenMod 9. Basically pure ICS as experienced on Nexus devices.

Check out my second post in the thread below if you want to go down this route;

androidforums.com/galaxy-note-all-things-root/584790-im-root-n00b.html
  6. JulyDerek

JulyDerek Well-Known Member

Reboot the phone. Thats the only way I found that makes the phone go back into deep-sleep.
  7. kaidon

kaidon Member

First, remove your battery for a couple minutes (not just a restart, physically remove it).

Then, prior to unplugging your phone, always turn the screen on (unlock it first too), and THEN unplug it. There is a pretty solid consensus and various websites that this prevents the issue you are talking about.

If you forget, and the problem comes up again, you can start again with the battery removal.

If these steps fail, it could be an application causing the problem.