• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android Wakelock! Help!

LoftOne

Jul 17, 2012
Each time I take my phone off charge I have to battery pull to minimize l2_hsic wakelock, but the problems don't stop there. After that I get PowerManagerService causing 20%+ wakelock and multipdp not running far behind!
I'm still waiting for 4.0.4 to come to the UK on my Galaxy Note. Question is, how can I prevent these processes or completely eliminate them?

I never resolved this same issue with 4.0.4. For a period of two days I tried every trick going and CPU spy revealed my phone never once went into deep sleep, meaning 3 or 4 per cent battery hit an hour when idle. Since gone to cm9, now it's a dream phone, bye bye crappy Samsung firmware for good.

Upvote 0
I never resolved this same issue with 4.0.4. For a period of two days I tried every trick going and CPU spy revealed my phone never once went into deep sleep, meaning 3 or 4 per cent battery hit an hour when idle. Since gone to cm9, now it's a dream phone, bye bye crappy Samsung firmware for good.

What's cm9? I don't know any of the lingo for Android lol

Upvote 0
Each time I take my phone off charge I have to battery pull to minimize l2_hsic wakelock, but the problems don't stop there. After that I get PowerManagerService causing 20%+ wakelock and multipdp not running far behind!
I'm still waiting for 4.0.4 to come to the UK on my Galaxy Note. Question is, how can I prevent these processes or completely eliminate them?

Reboot the phone. Thats the only way I found that makes the phone go back into deep-sleep.

Upvote 0
First, remove your battery for a couple minutes (not just a restart, physically remove it).

Then, prior to unplugging your phone, always turn the screen on (unlock it first too), and THEN unplug it. There is a pretty solid consensus and various websites that this prevents the issue you are talking about.

If you forget, and the problem comes up again, you can start again with the battery removal.

If these steps fail, it could be an application causing the problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones