1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Android WiFi Tether: INfrastructure Mode for the Droid 2 (Get Gaming Consoles online!)

1. DROIDing

DROIDing Well-Known Member

I would love to see the very useful program, WiFi Tether (android-wifi-tether - Project Hosting on Google Code) designed to be compatible with the Droid 2, in Infrastructure Mode.

For years I have labored and obsessed over a way to use my cell phone's internet connection and hotspot capabilities to share the connection with my PS3 and Wii - to no avail. Once time I actually got the PS3 online by plugging my Winmo phone into my laptop and running an Ethernet cable from my laptop to my PS3 - but that was very time intensive and if I had to take my laptop somewhere I had to go through the entire set-up process again (plus the fact there are plenty of wires and the need for additional equipment).

WiFi tether with Infrastructure Support on the Droid 2 would be amazing and something I would pay for and would be used by countless Droid adopters!

Thanks! :)

Advertisement
    :
  2. chevyn8

chevyn8 New Member

I'll second that idea. What I do, is use a ddwrt modded router in repeater mode and repeat that ad-hoc as a different infrastructure ssid. Gets much better signal strength through the house. Or use it in client or client bridge mode and plug-in a cat-5 to the ddwrt router to gain access.
  3. DROIDing

Thanks for sharing... but I admit I don't understand a word you said, haha! Are you saying there is a functioning work-around to use Android phones as a true hotspot that can get gaming consoles online and not be seen as Ad Hoc?
  4. DROIDing

bump :)
  5. 5318008

5318008 Member