Android Wireless Tether & Titanium backup help

Last Updated:

1. streamline8

streamline8 New Member This Topic's Starter

I've verified my root with adb & SU and received the lovely # symbol.

Tether Question:
    Now I've tried multiple version of android wireless tether. Pre8, Pre9, and whatever is on the Market. Nothing has worked, keeps hanging up on the connection in windows. It finds the network, just doesn't connect.

I'm running win7 64bit, is there a setting on either I need to adjust to get this to function. It seems some have it working and some don't.

Please let me know what .apk version you are running and what additional settings you adjusted in the settings.

Then can you let me know if you changed in win7 wireless setting to get it to function. If so, please direct me through the process.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Titanium Backup Question:
    I installed TB free version. I assuming that only the TB donate version has the ability to delete bloatware, is my assumption correct?

If so, is there a good root freeware software that deletes bloatware and also has a backup feature.

Thanks again,
    Your national root noob

Advertisement
  2. unknown zone

unknown zone Well-Known Member

SDX Roots the Epic on Release Day

I use the wifi tether from this site and it works with root, uses the "N" network, so as long as you can connect to a 802.11n you will see the signal.

also I use "Sdx Stock App Remover" which you can backup before removing pretty simple app.

Hey this is also my first android so I am a noob just like you 8) , coming from of course WM and learning everyday, still dont understand the codes when doing instruction but maybe someday I will...lol