Android with front camera??

Last Updated: 2012-10-16 09:52:50
  1. BunniiCakes

BunniiCakes New Member

Hello. :) I was wondering what kind of Androids have the front camera for video calling. I've only known iPhones to have them but there's got to be more than that. I have researched it but came up with multiple answers. :confused:
    Like, I heard the Samsung Galaxy S has a front camera (not in the UK) but my sister owns one and I don't remember reading or seeing one on her phone. I also heard the Samsung Galaxy SL has a front camera as well. I also want to know if the Motorola Milestone or Wildfire as it mostly because I know I could easly get one if meet requirements.
    Basically, I just want a list of phones that can video call. And maybe advice on the best to get.
    Additional information: I am from the U.S and my carrier is Cellular South. I currently own an HTC Hero and am planning to update soon.
    This information may not be of use but I just want to be sure.

I'm also really into taking pictures and since my camera broke, I've been having to resort to my phone's camera. So camera quality would be good but I'm mostly just into the video calling.

Thanks tons. xx

Advertisement
  2. amimemeami

amimemeami Member

My friends Galaxy S from sprint has one, but the manual for the Cellular South does not show one in the features. I would stop by your local store or call them and ask. From the quick glance that I took at their site, I do not think that any of their phones have a front facing camera.
  3. Evo and Thunderbolt have it, and a couple others I think
  4. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

My HTC Sensation has a front cam, but I think for real video calling I have to wait for the next Android version :)

Harry
  5. Remordere

Remordere Well-Known Member

The Galaxy S and S2 have it.
  6. Ryistech

Ryistech Well-Known Member

Moto backflip does. Sorta.
  7. Ras Tingle

Ras Tingle New Member

How do I bring camera to back while skypeing..nothing happened when I give command
  8. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Nokias and Androids have had front cameras before iphones had. Heck nokias had front cameras before ios even existed. My 7yr old N70 has one. All Samsung Galaxy phones has one.
  9. Many Samsung pre-Galaxy phones had/have one too.

I would wager a bet that more than 70% of Android phone models of the major brands that came out in the past 2 years have front-facing cameras now. That's dozens of different models that you can choose from.

If photo image quality is important to you, you may want to consider a Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, or Note phone, whose cameras get excellent reviews (which I can corroborate from daily experience).
    However, be aware that pictures from a 'camera' that you hold at arm's length will never be really sharp/focused because of permanent camera movement.
  10. delonlemos

delonlemos New Member

Almost all galaxy series have camera front so dont worry
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]