Android With higer then 800x480 display?

Last Updated:

1. zaftxx

zaftxx Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone im a new member with this being my 2nd post. My question is , is there any news on an upcoming android phone with a higher res display? by higher i mean greater then 800x480. I am currently an iphone 4 user, but i really need a physical keyboard. Only thing is im used to the 960x640 display.

Advertisement
  2. ragnarokx

ragnarokx Well-Known Member

Are you sticking with AT&T or are you willing to switch carriers? The Epic 4G comes pretty to close to the iPhone's display, and it has a keyboard.

3. copestag

copestag Well-Known Member

I moved your post to the lounge where you will get more responses :)

4. zaftxx

zaftxx Member This Topic's Starter

i am willing to switch carriers. I have yet to play around with a working epic 4g, only dummy model. the keyboard was alot better then the droids.

5. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

No, you will not get the resolution of the iPhone anywhere.

Supposedly the Gingerbread update to the Android OS, slated to be released later this year, has support for a substantially higher resolution - we'll see if that resolution makes it into any small devices.

To be honest, while the iPhone 4's display is really spectacular in terms of resolution, if you have previously used an iPhone/3G/3GS and are worried that Android phones are similar, the display on all of the high end Android phones are miles above my 3G and 3GS. You might want to stop by a store and use one - I think you may be pleasantly surprised. They aren't quite at the high pixel density of the iPhone, but it is definitely a high resolution display.

6. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Well-Known Member

No, it really isn't any closer than any other high-level Android phone, it's 800x480. Actually, I think Motorola has the highest resolution screen out there besides the iPhone4, but they are 854x480, not hugely different than HTC or Samsung.