• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android with Physical keyboard ???

armymen

Oct 2, 2010
Is the perfect phone never gonna come ?

I still have a HTC Desire Z, because im waiting to upgrade for THE phone, but that phone never seam to come.

what i want :

Physical Keyboard
LTE
NFC

Is it too much to ask ?
the only one close is the Droid 4, but still missing the NFC.
It seam that company dont do a lots of phone with physical keyboard, it seam what it easyer to get the good model without keyboard.

Any anyone have any idea, rumor of such phone ?

Is there anything actually going on with NFC yet, apart from possibly in Japan for micropayments? Maybe that's why they haven't bothered. A NFC enabled device would only be any good if there was another NFC device for it to talk to.

One of those technologies I keep on hearing about, but never actually see it. Many talk about the end of hard cash, electronic money or whatever, but I've yet to see anything like that happening.

Upvote 0
I'm a long-time user of hardware keyboards, so I was a little worried about how I'd adapt to a touchscreen keyboard. Even after owning my Nexus S for two months, I couldn't get used to typing on a touchscreen. It was then that I discovered swiping keyboards (particularly, TouchPal). The ability to swipe instead of type makes a huge difference. TouchPal also has wider keys and much better word prediction than the stock keyboard, so even typing isn't such a chore anymore.

Give Swype, Slide-It, or TouchPal (my favourite, and it's free) a try. They're nothing like the standard touchscreen keyboards.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones