• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android without data plan on tmobile

I am an international student who is tight in cell phone budget. I don't like to sign 2 year contract either. I don't have long enough credit history and thus I don't pass the AT&T and T-Mobile credit check. To get their services, I will need to pay for $500 deposit per phone number. On the other hand, I search for pre-paid plans but it turns that it is more expensive than the contract plan given that I use text message quite often and talk mostly on the weekends.*

I found this website

nocontractphoneplan.com

where I sign up for their service. They are flash wireless network, which doesn't require any contract nor credit check. Their price is quite affordable. I am pretty happy on the signal strength at my location. I think you may consider this option when you shop for your cell phone service.*

Good luck and take care.

Upvote 0
Here is the CHEAP MOTHER F---ER way to go,as of MAR2012 get a sim card droid off craigslist (att will unlock FREE over the phone for noncustomers-go figure?) get prepaid Tmo (no data) use free wifi hot spots to text from gmail whenever possible. you can use google voice and or skype too I would bet .I like the Tmo prepaid because I can buy 1000 mins and they last me all year not 90 days-bad deal if you text alot as it is .10 outgoing .05 incoming,voice is cheaper at .10 min. I can't see spending 600-700 or more for phone service every year.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones