• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

AndroidForums.com we need to make more sub-forums for the droid!! example inside

mxrider821

Nov 6, 2009
we need to get some sub-forums going for the droid, its been awhile since the phone came out and i think it should only be necessary to make them. i saw you guys made two already (how to & Support and trouble shooting) but if was like this it would be so much better! please consider it :D the more the better it will be!

example:
Android OS Discussion
Discussion surrounding the latest leaked and official releases of the Droid's operating system.

clear.gif
Droid Tips, How To & FAQ

Droid-specific Tips, How To & FAQ. Please Note - you cannot create new threads in here. Appropriate threads will be moved into this forum by mods.

clear.gif

Droid 3rd Party Apps
Discover, discuss and get help with third party applications built specifically for your Droid.

clear.gif
Droid Rants and Raves Forum

This is the place to Rave and Rant about the Motorola Droid. Keep it friendly, regardless of your opinions! Posts made here do not contribute to post count.

Droid Owners Off Topic Discussion
For Droid-owner discussion not related to the device. Threads not indexed for search, post count will not increase.

subforums made things so much easier on the crackberry when they did it with the storm forums. the reason being is that crackberry saw a huge increase in traffic with the storm release just like im sure this one has with the droid and it keeps the droid owners in one place instead of all over the forums. it makes it easier for droid owners and non droid owners to find what they are looking for.

Upvote 0
I vote no.

None of the other phones need this why should the Droid?

People need to start using the search function to find what they want.
Example... looking for GPS app for Droid .... search (droid gps app)

We really don't need an Android os sub forum for the Droid. The Android os covers all the devices NOT JUST DROID.

Upvote 0
I like the sub-forum idea. I wouldn't mind having a little more organization to the posts. It would keep a lot of things out of the general forum, too. Right now, requests for support or troubleshooting are not going in that forum, they're just sitting in general. If we had more sub-forums, it would be much more likely that somebody would pick the correct place for their post. Right now, there are only 2 sub-forums and they're not that noticeable or active, so the majority posts here, making it a clogged mess.

Upvote 0
I vote no to OS Discussion - There can be a single thread on this with updates on it

I vote no to Droid 3rd Party Apps - AndroidForums.com has an Applications forum.

I vote no to Droid Rants and Raves - There aren't that many so they are fine in the main Droid forum

I vote no to the Off Topic area - Go to the lounge.

Upvote 0
+1. I wonder if the -1 people keep all their email in their inbox w no folders, and if +1 people make lots of folders and keep inbox clean ;-)

Anyway, imho, while there are lots of apps in the apps section, the droid is running 2.0. I want to know if a specific app will work on the droid! etc. So I am for subforums.

Upvote 0
+1. I wonder if the -1 people keep all their email in their inbox w no folders, and if +1 people make lots of folders and keep inbox clean ;-)

Anyway, imho, while there are lots of apps in the apps section, the droid is running 2.0. I want to know if a specific app will work on the droid! etc. So I am for subforums.

I'm a +1 for the Droid-specific Apps subforum, but not the others... and on the e-mail inbox statement, I use Gmail... all of my e-mails are in my inbox, and I don't ever delete any e-mails... if I need something, I use search.... it's like a folder for all the things I need. =)

Upvote 0
I'm not a fan of sub forums for sub forums.

droid applications - I don't want to have to go to two different places for App discussion.

Off topic is just that and in no way related to the Droid, what's wrong with the main forum off topic area?

Android OS discussion is another one that is better suited as a main forum for all android in general, the "updates and cupcakes" forum is pretty slow as it is though it could probably use a different name at this point.

Rants/Rave - no opinion

Tips, How to's, & Faq - the only suggestion that I think is worth while as a place for mods to put important and useful information and not letting just anyone post to it.

Looking at the other current droid sub forum "support and trouble shooting" It is hardly used. Most people just put the topics that should go in the support forum in the main droid forum.

Some of the concerns with the Droid specific forum getting too busy would be solved by people using the correct forum to begin with instead just just using the droid sub forum for all of their new threads. I see the mods move quite a few out of the droid forum once in a while but there are still many more that could/should be moved.

Upvote 0
subforums made things so much easier on the crackberry when they did it with the storm forums. the reason being is that crackberry saw a huge increase in traffic with the storm release just like im sure this one has with the droid and it keeps the droid owners in one place instead of all over the forums. it makes it easier for droid owners and non droid owners to find what they are looking for.

The Storm forums on Crackberry have some of these sub forums because it is very different than other blackberry's in ways that the other ones won't be able to duplicate.

The Droid isn't drastically different than other Android phones, it is just slightly ahead at this point but other phones can catch up.

What do you do when an existing phone gets updated or a new phone comes out with the same OS as the Droid? Do you make another full set of sub forums for that phone even though there is essentially no difference between them?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones