AndroidForums support Tapatalk

1. kjdocs

kjdocs New Member

Heya folks,

Sorry if this has been asked, i did use the search but didn't see anything relevent to my question.

Moderaters - Is there any plan to support tapatalk? I almost exclusively use that for my forum browsing :)

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

There's a special app called Phandroid in Market that replaces Tapatalk here.

I'm not sure if they plan on re-instating Tapatalk itself. Rather doubt it. ;)
  3. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

We had it implemented before but decided other alternatives were the route to go, so my guess for the foreseeing future is no, Tapatalk will not be supported.
  4. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

its support was terminated due to security risk wasn't it?
  5. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

6. Drew5150

Drew5150 Well-Known Member

so I need the xda app for xda, phandroid for android forums and tapatalk for the other forum I participate in. wow, thats pretty lame.

can you please link me to info on this security risk? I just had my forum admin install tapatalk and would like to know what security risks are involved?

could we not have worked with tapatalk to resolve the risks?
  7. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

robrecht, Drew5150 and woop like this.
  8. robrecht

robrecht Well-Known Member

You can use tapatalk for xda.
  9. robrecht

Is it possible on the Phandroid app to make a whole forum into a default tab or as a Favorite Forum? For the time being, I'm mostly only interested in learning how to use my Thunderbolt so I'm looking for a way to automatically go to that forum.

Right now it looks like I have to:
    1. Open Phandroid
    2. Select Forum (Browse is set as preferred tab)
    3. Select Android Phones
    4. Scroll down and select HTC Thunderbolt

It is possible to do this on Tapatalk so I'm hoping there is also a way to do this on the Phandroid app. Anyone?

Thanks in advance! Robrecht
  10. Xyro

It's not possible to open it straight to the thunderbolt section no, as far as I know, but you can definitely add the thunderbolt section (and any other section you frequent) to the Browse >> Favourites tab.

Just tick all of the sections/subsections you want to be accessible in favourites out this list and hit save at the bottom.
    NightAngel79 and robrecht like this.
  11. robrecht

Very cool, thanks!
  12. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Lv 60 Bounty Hunter Moderator

Word!! Never even noticed that
  13. Xyro

Also, going to the Recent >> Favorites tab will show you all the new unread posts in your favorite forms. Just like the favorite forums box on the main page of the forum website does.

I find using that more useful than going in through the browse tab, because I have about 10 favorites and I like to be sure I've read everything :)
    robrecht and NightAngel79 like this.
  14. robrecht

Nice little app, thanks, Robrecht