1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Androidica

Which of these 3 is the best/better phone ?

Poll closed Jan 12, 2011.
  1. HTC Desire HD

7 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Samsung Galaxy S

6 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. Iphone 4

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. urbangamer

urbangamer Member

Hello ,

There are a few phone which are available in my country ,Singapore.
    I am having a headache which phone to choose. I like the HTC desire HD but there are many claim to have shortage of battery life which some people do not have problems about that and there is also the poor speaker quality which some claim that the speaker quality suck while some liked it alot more than other smartphone's audio quality.

HTC Desire HD , Samsung Galaxy S and Iphone 4 . Which of these are the better phone among the other 2 ? Is Desire HD worth to buy ?

thank you got helping me out , please remember to poll :D

Advertisement
  2. urbangamer

urbangamer Member

Please HELP !
  3. MegatronVsMe

MegatronVsMe Well-Known Member

Not to many people are gonna choose iphone in an android forum:/
  4. marefin

marefin Well-Known Member

I went with the Galaxy S. I think it's a much better phone than the Desire.
  5. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

If your major concern is speaker and battery, then the Galaxy S has the edge over the Desire ... what's that third one? never heard of it. :rolleyes:
  6. urbangamer

urbangamer Member

I had a friend of mine , he own a galaxy S and he says that sucks, its lag and internet is super slow. My Major concern is the internet speed performance. For the battery . I wont mind bringing a extra battery along with me. The battery should at least last a day without charging and without playing game or surfing the net. Is the battery life of the desire hd quite similar to the life to the iphone 3gs ?
  7. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

Sounds like he hasn't made any effort at try to fix the problems. The lag problem only happens on certain firmware versions, and the most recent firmware release has completely ironed out the lag. (JPU got a quadrant score of over 1400 without any lagfix.) I have two friends using the HTC Desire, and my galaxy S beats their phones by miles.

Also, 16 GB internal storage. It matters. Seen all those people begging for move to SD function because they have run out of space to install apps on their function? None of them are Galaxy S users. (okay, it's still possible to use up all the internal memory, but you are going to need a LOT of apps.)

One definite edge that the Desire has over the Galaxy S is the LED flash. Kind of annoying not having one on the Galaxy S. I like using my phone as a flash light.

As for the iPhone 4.... well, it does have good hardware and design, but the price tag is significantly higher.

Btw, free angry bird on the Android :D
  8. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

It really depends what you are doing with it, but generally the battery life of an iOS device will be better, but not so much so that it will be a deal breaker ... we're taking hour(s) NOT days.
  9. mdram

mdram Well-Known Member

you cant carry a second battery with the iphone, just and fyi

i have 0 battery issues with my fascinate, and no lag
  10. urbangamer

urbangamer Member

But my friend's SGS internet speed is slower than a iphone . It takes quite awhile to load the websites . I am Having trouble which to choose SGS or DHD . As For the iphone , I gave up thinking about it as I like android more . There seems to be Samsung galaxy S2 with 2ghz processor coming up next year 0.0 , wonder how much it cost , now i must choose between these 2 , SGS and DHD..
  11. Bnice

Bnice Guest

All phones will have their pros and cons and the battery life depends on the user as well. I would go with the Desire HD if it was me.
  12. Guamguy

Guamguy Well-Known Member

I would go with the Desire HD.

The only Samsung I would recommend with an Android is the Tab.
  13. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

Iphone 4. (Someone had to say it)
  14. urbangamer

urbangamer Member

So , which is faster in internet browsing ? DHD or SGS ?