• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Androird market Not downloading. [Resolved: ports were blocked. International user]

Hello, a have issues with downloading aps from Android Market via Wi-Fi. When I try to Update or Download any app it says "Starting Download" and stays like that forever. My only way of using market is via "Mobile Network" which is provided by the mobile operator. But I don`t have data plan and 1MB is 1$ which is a lot :) So I have read most of the topics and here is a list of things i tried:
1.Log in Google talk - works fine without crashing - So this is not the problem.
2.Clear download manager and any updates.
2.Clear cache and all data from market app.
3.Did factory reset - 2 times.
4.Unmount SD card.

My Evo 3d has no root or any tweeks. It is brand new and not locked to any networks. I tried with 2 Wi-Fi networks (my home network and a public one) but they were using the same Internet Provider. I used to have HTC Wildfire and it was woriking just fine with my home Wi-Fi network.

I`ll apreciate any help :cool:

Hello and welcome to the forum. The problem is clearly with your device radio not being able to get the proper connection to do what needs to be done. If you are trying different WiFi connections and still having this problem, then you may have a defective radio as well - which might need to be looked at by a technician. Here are some other things you can try: In the wifi settings Tap menu for more options. Read through carefully to see if anything has been disabled. Settings - Wireless & Networks - WiFi settings - Menu - Advance - Best WiFi performance

Reactions: nanio
Upvote 0
Thanks for the advice but nothing helped :thinking: I may mislead you - my Wi-Fi is working just fine. I browse the web very fast. So there is no hardware problem with my radio device. I searched the web and found out that a lot of people are having exactly the same problem.
I`ve never supposed that there is a "Advanced settings menu" in Wi-Fi settings. I browse and everything should be the way it is. Checked "Best WiFi performance" but it didn`t help, so I remove it because it will short my battery life. Is it necessary all in all? I want to use the fone for at least 2 days without recharge :cool:
I suppose that the problem may be in my Internet Provider or my home router. It may block porst being used by phone for Android market. I double checked router settings - ok and no firewall:thinking:. But I was using this Wi-Fi network with my old Wildfire. Any chance every HTC model use different ports for Android Market?

Rush Lindsay thanks for hint ;)

Upvote 0
I`ve never supposed that there is a "Advanced settings menu" in Wi-Fi settings. I browse and everything should be the way it is. Checked "Best WiFi performance" but it didn`t help, so I remove it because it will short my battery life.
I've had this box checked on my device ever since... I also have WiFi enabled all the time - with these two features on, my wireless internet (wifi) works much better. I have yet to see a difference with my battery life. These batteries suck with these features on or off. :)

I really don't know why you are not able to get access to the Android market. Is this the only problem you are having

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones