Angry Bird on the huawei ascendGeneral

Last Updated:

1. DankB23

DankB23 Member

Because of some discussion on another thread I felt it would be useful to have a thread devoted to the very popular game: Angry Birds

Here are some experiences that others have had that may help Ascend players:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by
    BlastGT1

As for Angry Birds, you're lucky you can play it at all. All I can get is a narrow strip of color on the right side of the screen going vertically, and everything else is just white when I try to load it.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by identical

ya there is a trick to get past that !! so after the screen goes black while it is loading, then finally that "narrow strip of color" will show up after a while, then u press the sleep/lock button on the side of the phone, then press it again to wake the phone up, slide ur finger across, and BAM, u will be looking at the main page of angry birds, and can start killing those ba$terd green pigs. sorry for the run-on sentence hope this helps some1..
    So what are your experiences playing Angry Birds? Any thoughts will be appreciated.

(i posted that last part about the trick i use) ^

::sees himself getting quickly addicted to this forum:: look better ?

Advertisement
  2. DankB23

DankB23 Member

::Thread needs more posts, less "views"::
  3. Jazziette

Jazziette Well-Known Member

Great idea for a thread! We'll have to get this into the guide once it gets going. We could use a section in there called: GAMES

Actually I've never played Angry Birds! But I hear it's real addictive. After nearly 3 years of Mafia Wars addiction I think I'll leave it alone! :D
  4. BlastGT1

BlastGT1 Well-Known Member

Hmm, did not know that! Well, I guess once Either the Icarus mod or a Froyo mod comes out, or if I decide to delete some stuff from my phone first, I'll try the game again. For now though, storage is low message says I only have 16MB left. :(
  5. DankB23

DankB23 Member

damn what u all got on that bad boy, mad music ?
  6. DankB23

DankB23 Member

"Icarus mod or a Froyo mod"

can i get some deetz on these mods ?
  7. QWEST

QWEST Well-Known Member

I tried that but it runs suuuuuper slow and made my phone slower
    KOLIO likes this.
  8. KOLIO

KOLIO SERIAL AGNOANDROIDIST Guide

I saw a game on app brain this morning called "Angry Turds".No s***,check it out!
    Jazziette likes this.
  9. Jazziette

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAA!!!

I think I'll pass!!!! :D :D :D

LMAO!!!!
  10. QWEST

QWEST Well-Known Member

lmao classic i will once i find my phone
  11. See 3-D

See 3-D Active Member

My experience with Angry Birds started on the iPod Touch after a coworker recommended it to me, so I was used to it running smoothly and being responsive before I got my Ascend. I've tried everything I can think of to get it to run smoothly on the Ascend - deleted bloatware, clear up memory from task manager, and make sure nothing else is open when launching it, but no luck.

From what I've gathered online, it doesn't run well on the Ascend because the phone doesn't have a dedicated graphics chip (GPU - think of it like a computer video card). So because of that, the processor not only has to run the game, but render the graphics.

Overall, I recommend running Pandas Vs. Ninjas which is almost the same exact game except runs a little smoother on the Ascend. I'm hoping the 2.2 update will fix how fast the game runs, but at this point, it sounds like it's more of a (lack of) hardware issue.
  12. BlastGT1

Nah, the music is on my SD card. Because 2.1 doesn't have the ability to install apps to the SD card, and since we don't yet have a ROM with that capability, all apps have to install to internal memory, which there isn't all that much of with the Ascend.

Hang on, let me see if I have this right.....you're going to PASS on ANGRY TURDS.....let me know how it comes out!

I grabbed Pandas VS Ninjas last week, and while it's not the same as Angry Birds, it is very similar, and just as fun. Another recommendation if you like games in this vein, is one called Blow Up. I played several stages, and it's definitely a little more of a brain-teaser, not as gratifying and action-filled, but still a worthy diversion.
  13. Jazziette

I think I set myself up for that one! LOL Good shot! :p:D
  14. BlastGT1

Yes, yes you did. Good sport!!
  15. veggiegrrrl

veggiegrrrl Active Member

i also only get a stripe of white/blue and no game launches. bummer. have not upgraded to 16gb sdhc though
  16. DankB23

DankB23 Member

if u look at the first post there is a way to get around that issue.... but the game is still sorta choppy, i am gonna try the pandas vs ninjas and "blow up"

thx for postin in my thread !!
    KOLIO likes this.