1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Angry Birds--Any decent Walkthroughs?

Last Updated:

1. mikey1969

mikey1969 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

All right, I get it. Angry birds is simple, and that's fine, but does anyone have a link to a real walkthrough on this game? Every single thing I find for this game is nothing but a butt-load of videos, nothing more. I want more details on the birds. For example, do the yellow birds go faster if I click on the screen early or late? How about the blue ones? Do their little sub-birds have more speed and momentum before or after reaching the apex of their flight? Black birds, I get that they are bombs, but I found out on accident that you get a different explosion if you just let them sit there.

I know the lack of a decent tutorial is Rovio's fault, but I have been looking forever for a strategy guide or walkthrough. Any heads up's would be great. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. MJM128

MJM128 Well-Known Member

I didn't think this game really needed a walkthrough. Thought it was pretty much a pick up and play game. Also it's a strategy game, so why not try and figure it out on your own and decide for yourself how different things work in different ways?

3. mikey1969

mikey1969 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

That's your "help"? Telling me I'm stupid because I can't figure out the game on my own? I understand the game, I was looking for a strategy guide with tips on the game, and hoping for actual help here, not people chiming in with the new fad, the whole 'Well-I-can't-help-you,-but-I-thought-that-maybe-I'd-chime-in-and-let-you-know-that-I=can't-help and by-the-way,-any-moron-could-figure-this-out-for-themselves' trend that seems to be permeating message boards nowdays. I remember when you actually used to be able to come to user forums and get better tech support than from the developer's own site... Oh well, I remember when I could buy a Coke, candy bar and a comic book all for a quarter too. Maybe I'm just getting old.

la sal, Casz, bollin and 1 other person like this.
  4. Nodders

Nodders Well-Known Member

Walkthrough

Get birds, throw at blocks, get all pigs

Fin

TasteNomNomNom, Rota and Intruder like this.
  5. mjblaurock

mjblaurock Member

Rovio - Angry Birds Walkthrough Videos

I feel ya Mikey. Too many smart asses on the forums. Why cant people realize that not everyone is the same? These are the only walkthroughs I know about. Give it a shot.

6. diS

diS Well-Known Member

I'm with you Mickey.

I've seen different things to like you've said with the bombs.
    The link mjblaurock sended you will help you a bit I guess.
    There isn't a walkthrough for tips etc.

7. NexuSix

NexuSix Well-Known Member

Official Angry Birds 3 Star Walkthrough Theme 1 Levels 11-15 | iPhone Games Solutions

8. Shocky

Shocky On Probation

You need a walkthrough with Angry Bird? LOL :D

This game is even more simple than Crush The Castle, at least that required timing, this is mostly just luck.

9. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

10. diS

diS Well-Known Member

Are you serieus? :eek:

You've got to adjust angle and speed.
    Not that easy to get 3 stars in every level!

11. Shocky

Shocky On Probation

Well I don't agree with this at all, I played the beta straight through and at no point was any skill involved, just point in the general direction and see what happens, thats basically all there is to it.

Not played it since, don't see the point.

12. TrojanZ

TrojanZ Active Member

Bet you didn't get 3 stars for all levels did ya?

For some of us, getting and/or beating the top score is a challenge in itself. Not everyone's the same though, so don't expect everyone to agree with what you agree with. Now let's agree to disagree...:D

13. NoShineMM

NoShineMM Well-Known Member

To get 3 stars you have to really play around with it. Its def. not just point and shoot then.

wynnepam likes this.
  14. Shocky

Shocky On Probation

I got 3 stars on a few but not all and no I don't expect everyone to agree with me, clearly allot of people like this style of game..

These type of games are for casual gamers, which is something i'm not.

I'm about 40 hours into FFVII atm, love this game. :D

15. lcgreen

lcgreen Well-Known Member

lol still playing FF7......

16. rollbread

rollbread Member

I think its more fun when figuring out urself to get all 3 star instead of reading walkthrough. But its true tat sometimes will get frustrated when some stage can't get 3stars and hopes tat there is a guide. :D

17. Shocky

Shocky On Probation

It's a long game if you play it properly and make sure you get all items etc., plus I've also been playing Resident Evil, NFS Shift, Avatar and Dungeon Hunter.

:D

18. takethewall

takethewall Active Member

Shocky, wait for the full version. You will see that there is plenty of strategy in the later levels. The early ones are easy, but they get pretty rough.

19. taqmobile

taqmobile Member

unfortunately the walkthroughs are for the iphone version. They aren't the same levels as the android lite version. At least not 1-to-1. I think the lite version has a mishmash of levels from the iphone version.

I've got 3 stars on all levels but only 2 stars on 8 and 12. Been spending hours on trying to get those beat up to 3 with no luck.

I did just read a tip about the scatter birds that you should tap the screen as close to the target as possible. I had been breaking them up about half way across previously. So far it definitely does more damage. I had only 1 star until I tried that. Now it is 2 stars. So I'm closer to 3

20. Brian360

Brian360 Well-Known Member

I can't get 3 stars on level fifteen for shit!

21. dunn2010

dunn2010 Active Member

Use all 3 birds get a score of 80k... to do so fire the first bird directly into the first wall that standing on the edge next to the first piggy, so it falls inwards.

then fire the enxt exploding bird on a high angle shot onto where the second big piggy is sitting on the top not bottom (dont worry if its already been killed just do it). Then the last shot will take some practice,

fire the last piggy high angle shotso it lands where the big piggy would have been that is above the TNT (or slightly furthur if no ledge is left) this will destroy some stuff in middle and send the bricks on the far right toppling over to kill the last big piggy. and should rack some good points.

this toke me a good few attempts to do, so just keep practicing

hope this made sense.

EDIT: you will have to explode the first bird yourself, leave the other two to explode on their own.

eggie and twhit like this.
  22. twhit

twhit New Member

Thanks dunn, 3 stars in level 15 has been driving me crazy. I was using the birds pretty much the same way you said but in a different order. It only took me 5 or 6 games to finally get to the 3-star level - of course I've played that level countless times over the past week so I at least could make the birds go where I wanted each time.
    I used to make fun of a friend of mine who played this all the time on her iTouch and then the game came to Android and I understood...:D

23. dunn2010

dunn2010 Active Member

No Problem,

i was the opposite, i was jelous of my boss and a coleague of mine always sitting their bashing it and i coudnt :(. Now i can and i'm a happy chappy. cant wait for full version!!

24. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

Now that I've starred it out, I hang on level 14 and see how many times in a row I can win out on the first bird. I'm up to three in a row and that was the only time I've gotten two in a row.

I played some cool game that's similar to this on the iphone except it's with stick figure people with all sorts of obstacles, levers, pullies and such to over come. Wish that would make its way here. Wish I remembered the name.

25. Podagrower

Podagrower Member

Shoot U is pretty close to what you describe

dbpaddler likes this.