• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Angry Birds Available on the Market?

mamiamjo

Oct 4, 2009
I have Angry Birds on my EVO, and wanted to download it on my daughter's Intercept, but when I search the Android Market on her phone, it doesn't show up. Has anyone else been able to find Rovio's Angry Birds on the Android Market on their Samsung Intercept?

Same issues. And STILL not on the market for me!

Is there any Intercept updates that I should do or something?

No updates that I know of. I believe the reason it isn't showing is because the game isn't "designed" for the intercept. Even when it does run it's slow and doesn't show all the graphics. You'll run into the same issues if you try and find Google Earth or live wallpapers in the market. They're not there because they're not "meant" for the phone. Google made it easy by not letting you download anything not supported for your phone... I hope this helps... :(

Upvote 0
No updates that I know of. I believe the reason it isn't showing is because the game isn't "designed" for the intercept. Even when it does run it's slow and doesn't show all the graphics. You'll run into the same issues if you try and find Google Earth or live wallpapers in the market. They're not there because they're not "meant" for the phone. Google made it easy by not letting you download anything not supported for your phone... I hope this helps... :(

I just wanted to mention that I tried downloading it after reading this thread and I love it! I've only noticed one case where I could tell there were missing graphics, on stage 1-8, where the pigs are on this big hill. I assume it's a hill, cos it was invisible!

I haven't had anything that affects playability, and the speed seems perfect. Keep in mind, I've never played it on any other platform... so I'm no expert....but it seemed great to me. I'm only up to stage 1-9 though, so maybe there are other issues ahead.

I couldn't get any of the megaupload links to work from Opera Mini, so I used the short url, which ended up being a direct download. It was very slow, but worth the wait.

It's definitely worth trying at least, especially if you've never played it before. I would've registered on this forum eventually, but I ended up signing up so I could post this now, cos the game was that fun......and I normally don't go for phone games.

I'll put it this way. They couldn't make it any better if they stuck it on 360 or PS3. Touch screen suits this game well.

Upvote 0
It's up on the Market for Intercept, and it SUUUUUUUCKS. Framerate chugs like a slideshow, and the ad is at the top of the screen now so you can't see your bird's angle/location. Read the reviews & avoid. Hopefully I can reinstall the version from this thread. I'll take some missing graphics over an unplayable game.

Upvote 0
I downloaded angry birds. But it is terribly slow. It started off alright, but now it lags. Anyone know why this is?

See previous. Some say you can get it to run normal if you disable wifi and put your phone in airplane mode, but screw that.

Uninstall, and get the version from GideonX's post. It will be missing some graphics maybe, but nothing crucial that I've seen yet.

Upvote 0
Rovio said they are planning a "light" version for phones like the Intercept

Can someone tell me how to install the older version above?
I down loaded the file but do not know what to do

It would run fine on intercept if it weren't connecting for ads all the time.

What you do to install is go into settings > applications > check the box that lets you install non-marketplace stuff. Then, find it on your SD card and install it. When you're done, go back into applications and turn the thing back on that blocks nonmarket installs, and delete the game from your SD (or not, it's just the installer.....maybe save it for safekeeping?).

Edit: make sure it's the apk file you have. If it's in a zip or something, that's different. I used the 2nd megaupload link and could install it right off the bat, using Dolphin.

Upvote 0
One more problem.
I keep getting an error that says I have no room.
I have removed a lot of things so I should have room.
Am I doing something wrong?

No, that's the same problem I had when trying to go back to the old version. I had to delete a crapload of stuff because it needs enough space for essentially 2 copies of angry birds, to install. Once it's installed, you'll have all that space back.

Either delete a crapload of stuff until you have enough room (and reinstall the stuff later), or resign yourself to starting over. If you haven't made it to 2-15 yet, hopefully it's no big deal. If I'd had to play through 2-15 again, I would've had to stab somebody.

Upvote 0
Is this version slightly too large on other people's phones? I just installed it on my wife's intercept because the market version got unplayable. So far so good except the screen isn't quite large enough to show everything like it did on the market version. I am just wondering if other people are seeing the same thing.

Upvote 0
Is this version slightly too large on other people's phones? I just installed it on my wife's intercept because the market version got unplayable. So far so good except the screen isn't quite large enough to show everything like it did on the market version. I am just wondering if other people are seeing the same thing.

Yep! I learned to play it that way, so when I got the marketplace ver it looked too small. I know it fits right and everything but you see so much more detail on the "wrong" version.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones