• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Angry Birds-Coming To Android This Summer

Upvote 0
I emailed Rovio and this was the response that I received about the release of Angry Birds for Android.

"We are still testing the game on a lot of Android handsets and due to our summer vacations most of us will be away all of July so an August release looks most likely.

Cheers,
Matthew Wilson
Rovio Mobile"

That kinda sucks but at least we know that it is still coming.

Upvote 0
Eh... I know this is not the thread to post this question, but can someone enlighten me why Google does not allow most of us outside the good old USA to purchase the apps on the Android market? Why is there so much restrictions?

I'm pretty frustrated with that myself. Before they would allow purchases from another country, I'm sure a bunch of things have to be settled. Some examples:
- study the local law and make sure everything is ok (can be cumbersome and time-consuming)
- set up a payment system (which can also depend on the local law... what kind of payments are authorized)
- study the security system and back security standards in an attempt to avoid fraud

Still, if Apple got it together, why can't Google do it? The only logical explanation is... they don't really care. I love my N1 but this is frustrating...

Reactions: diS
Upvote 0
I'm pretty frustrated with that myself. Before they would allow purchases from another country, I'm sure a bunch of things have to be settled. Some examples:
- study the local law and make sure everything is ok (can be cumbersome and time-consuming)
- set up a payment system (which can also depend on the local law... what kind of payments are authorized)
- study the security system and back security standards in an attempt to avoid fraud

Still, if Apple got it together, why can't Google do it? The only logical explanation is... they don't really care. I love my N1 but this is frustrating...

I can't agree more.
I live in Belgium and I cannot buy apps, no wonder that I search for the "illegal" way. Although it is not illegal in my opinion because they don't give me the chance to buy them...

Upvote 0

Windows Phone 7 by mighty Microsoft will have paid apps for only 17 countries (Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, New Zealand, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, UK and United States) and there won't be any alternative market.

Upvote 0
If the vast majority of the world's countries are forbidden from buying android software, but not iphone software, then inevitably, it will give the impression that we are more stingy than iphone owners.

So since android users in those countries can't pay for apps, they will demand free. They will look like cheapskates even though they really are not.

Upvote 0
I will buy it if it comes out very very soon. I am pretty defensive of the Android platform. I will buy gameloft games because they made at least some commitment to android. Even though you have to go around the market. Angry birds is running out of time. If i feel like they have a real commitment to android then i wont have a commitment to them. A company that has made this much money from iphone platform has the ability to get the game out sooner. A high profile game like this would probably even get help from google themselves if they asked for it.

I have played it a few times. Its a cool game. But they better get it out soon.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones