• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Angry Birds - excessive advertisements!!

I mentioned it to Rovio on twitter and they said "we hear you" so I think they will be talking to admob. I doubt this was something they intentionally meant to happen. I've heard of stuff happening like this before where the advertiser makes a change without letting a site or in this case app owner know. I suppose all those eyeballs were just too tempting. :/

I very much doubt this has anything to do with Admob - they are not the one implementing the ads into the game - Rovio is. It is also not them making the big money here - Rovio takes home the majority of the ad revenue (that's how ad networks work, and one of the reasons they are an attractive alternative for app monetization to expensive games and/or micro-payments).

As I said - likely it is neither a bug and/or a very poor implementation. It is not always easy to determine how/whether ads will impact the game experience, though this case sounds rather egregious.

Upvote 0
Moblox Lite started "auto-starting" ads. Meaning it was like you clicked on the banner ad and went to the site, when you didn't. There are complaints like crazy in the Market about it. I uninstalled it until I see from the comments it has been fixed.
They came on like every 30 seconds of play. Made it totally unplayable.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones