Angry Birds for Android Render Issue...

Last Updated:

1. bchild

bchild New Member This Topic's Starter

Yes, I followed the masses and downloaded Angry Birds for Android.

I love the game, but I'm having some render issues... It wont render the "ground" graphics, instead they just appear as white blocks which blend into the background (Sky), so I can't see where the all important gaps are;

Here's an example; http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff509/harmlessfly/AngryBirds-on-HTC-Hero.png

So far, I've made it to level 2-20 by getting lucky with where my birds fall. - But I would appreciate it if the graphics rendered properly!

Any ideas on how to fix? - I read somewhere that there may be a way to update my the graphics drivers, but not really sure how to do this.

I have a HTC Hero with Android 2.1 (u1) - All other apps are killed when playing Angry Birds.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. DaSchmarotzer

DaSchmarotzer Blame it on me VIP Member

I have the same issue on my Samsung Galaxy i7500 and I'm more than interested for an answer. Just installed the game, it's awesome. :D

3. philc387

philc387 Active Member

Yeah, same here, HTC Hero running 2.1. It's not a problem most of the time but on some levels it makes it really hard!

4. xistance1986

xistance1986 Active Member

same on my hero

5. speedracer68

speedracer68 Well-Known Member

Love this game, but I'm having the same issue on my Eris. I did a little searching and it seems that unless the developers make some tweaks to the game, my phone just isn't going to be able to handle it. Something to do with not having Open GL ES 2.0.

Oh well, I'll be eligible for an upgrade come 2010.

6. midge37

midge37 Well-Known Member

This issue was around with the Beta version also, and I seem to remember it was discussed then and the problem was just down to the Hero not having enough clout to display everything properly.

7. speedracer68

speedracer68 Well-Known Member

I e-mailed the support team at Rovio and just got this e-mail back.

Thank you for contacting us about these issues and for your kind comments about the game.
    Some Android devices, including HTC Droid Eris, indeed have problems showing all of the Angry Birds' graphics. This is a known issue that we are currently working to get fixed to the game.

There is little that can be done to boost the general framerate of the game anymore, but the freezing is something that we are aware of and will try to get that tackled from the game.

Br,
    Raine M

8. zigg

zigg New Member

Just installed the Overclock widget & set the CPU to higher (not maxed out) setting & found a HUGE difference in game play.:)