1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Angry Birds for Men

Last Updated:

1. OXM_Chase

OXM_Chase Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Trucks and Skulls

too bad it's for the IOS :mad: Android is getting screwed left and right and i'm getting sooo tired of it.

Advertisement
  2. jcash3

jcash3 Well-Known Member

If the game does well and they feel that there is a market on Android, then they will port it over. I don't think of it as we are getting screwed. Developers, ultimately, want to turn a profit, and until they think that there are enough devices that can run their high quality game, they probably won't develop for it at the same time as iOS.

I mean, read the forums for Angry Birds. Did you see how many problems people were having running it? Would you want to develop for a platform knowing that you are going to have to test it on a ton of different devices?

3. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

Android needs to sell nothing but the DroidX and we'd get these games faster ;)

4. xTmDarren

xTmDarren Well-Known Member

Or the Galaxy S phones.. I mean it is a global phone ;)

5. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

I am a guy and I play Angry Birds...

6. Apples

Apples Active Member

Not everyone has verizon, and I've used the phone, and I HATE it. G2 ftw.

7. hydralisk

hydralisk Well-Known Member

If the Droid X was android's only option... so many android users would be holding an iPhone :p

8. Exiled

Exiled Well-Known Member

Woah I'm sensing a lot of hate for the Droid X here. :( I think bigbadwulff has a point since the X is essentially Verizon's flagship device right now, and Verizon is pretty much the leading carrier in the US right now.

Thats not to say that they should only design apps for the X, that would be silly since a major point of android is to have a variety of phones (as opposed to the iphone). but it seems that at the same time this is a major issue for android as well, and there needs to be some sort of coherency with the different phones in order to help the developers. i think google needs to set some standards for this to happen.

Another problem is that there are also several low end android devices that cannot run current apps and software like gameloft games or (sadly) angry birds. People expect them to be able to, then get furious when an app doesnt work for them and make a big issue of it. Thats what happens when you have an old device. its hardware cant run the latest stuff, and it wont be upgraded. Even with the iphone, the old 3g cannot run the new apps that are coming out for the iphone 4.