1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Angry Birds - Need Update HELP!

Last Updated:

1. DGFlyGirl

DGFlyGirl New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi All!

I am fairly new to the Android scene, having just gotten my first Droid X. I downloaded the Angry Birds update after completing all the levels on the original, but the new levels aren

Advertisement
  2. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

I don't think the progress follows over. It starts a whole new game. Only a few of the Lite levels carry over. No progress to lose.
    Can't help you with the other problem. Sorry.

3. DGFlyGirl

Thank you for responding, since I am apparently the only person dealing with this problem and thus don't warrant responses from anyone else...lol!

However, my problem is not with the 'Lite' version. I deleted that when I installed the full version (1.3.5) that came out weeks ago.

My problem is that the new version (1.4.2 or something like that) isn't recognized by my phone, even though I have downloaded it and installed it. I'm wondering if I need to clear the data for that app, but I'm afraid that if I do, I'll merely end up erasing my progress and still be stuck with the old version.

IS THERE ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE WHO CAN HELP ME?

4. CasualObserver

CasualObserver New Member

I doubt your the only person... just maybe the only person who's been around here today. Did you do the update from Getjar or from the market? I tried from Getjar earlier today and had problems, but did it through a manual update from the market a little while ago and it worked just fine on my Evo. It kept my existing progress and added the 4th world with the construction stuff.

DGFlyGirl likes this.
  5. An UrgeTo Dance

An UrgeTo Dance The Hero of the Winds

Make sure you do the update through the market and if all else fails uninstall the app then reinstall it from the market. You may also want to send an message to Rovio telling them about your problems.

6. gregs887

gregs887 Well-Known Member

I've tried both getjar and the market, it will download fine but will not install for some reason?

7. DGFlyGirl

It worked from the Marketplace. Thank you!

8. bonerp

bonerp Well-Known Member

mine wont install the update (DHD) but by the sounds of it the ads at the top looks like its not as good anyway..

9. gregs887

gregs887 Well-Known Member

Figured it out! I unmounted the SD card and it installed fine. Remount the card after installing and transfer it to the card and there are no problems at all.