• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Angry birds?

Ok, so I've just managed to get it to download, even though it won't show up on the Market. Here's what you need to do. Skip the first few steps if you've already got an AppBrain account (definitely worth getting one if you've not).

1. Set up an account on AppBrain - the best Android apps and games on the Android market (it's all free!)
  2. Install the AppBrain app on your phone. Here's the QR code:
    chart
  3. Install the Fast Web Installer app on your phone. Here's the QR code:
    chart
  4. Click the Install button on the Angry Birds page here
  5. Job done! Make sure the AppBrain app is running on your phone, and Angry Bids should automatically download.
Hope this helps someone!

tryed this still not there

Upvote 0
EVO 4G - Force closes 90% of the time on load. Have gotten it to work 3x. Finished Beta levels 3rd time playing. Ready for bug fix and for the real game to hit the market!

FYI, tried reboot, battery removal, and moved to SD card. Still did not fix force close problem. Rovio boys say they're working on a fix.

Upvote 0
It appears as if it won't work on any evos. Mine force closes after the loading screen. Has Anyone with an evo got it to work yet?

I have but it took about 20 tries. And then when you exit out of it...it freezes the phone. I hit the power button(ie put phone to sleep) and then bring it back and then everything is okay but if I want to play again, it takes about 20 attempts again. Too much trouble. Fun game for sure. Once they get it all squared away I will give it another try.

Upvote 0
not working for me on rooted htc hero. any work arounds, or should we just wait for the market to display it?

EDIT: Not sure if this works for any other devices, but just found a fix for Sprint HTC Hero users.

This is what I did

1. Rebooted phone.
2. Went to Appbrain app and synced apps once rebooted.
3. Clicked home, NOT back, and went to Fast Web Installer app. Enabled it, then clicked HOME, NOT back.
4. On your PC, go to the Appbrain web site, and click on "My Apps" at the top left corner by the search bar.
5. I clicked on "cancel install" on angry birds lite app, then clicked install again.
6. Downloaded PERFECTLY on my Hero!

hope this helps

EDIT: Earlier I had "Installed PERFECTLY..." It didn't install. It only downloaded it to my phone. Not sure how to get it to install, but once I get it I'll inform you all.

Upvote 0
I had to run it, w/o launcher Pro Plus, I also ha to move it from the SD card to the stock memory.

But I did both of those at the same time so I am not sure which one stopped it from crashing. Even after thou if I try to run it with in Launcher pro Plus it does not work, just with Sense for me.

Is that what other people notice too?

Upvote 0
Mine crashed when I first installed it, but I did a power off and on, and now it runs fine. Been playin Angry Birds for an hour. Installed it no a friends TMobile phone, even though it did not show up in the Market for her (just backed up and copied the APK with Astro) and she had the same experience, crashed until she rebooted, now it plays fine.

Upvote 0
Now I havent had time to expirement too much with this, but when I open the application, as soon as the white Rovio screen appears, I start sliding my finger around the screen in circles until it gets to the main menu, and the popup notification that it is just the beta. Dont know why, but it never crashes when I do this. If I dont; it continually crashes.

Reactions: dbldown
Upvote 0
Tried everything and couldn't get it to play with any stability. If you keep trying to start it, it will run after repeated attempts. And then when you close it, it will freeze your phone for a minute or two...or at least it did mine. I tried installing and uninstalling and booting and rebooting and installing it from the apk instead of the market.... Rumor has it if you touch the screen all over while it is loading that will do it...no joy for me. The times I got it to work it is a neat game for sure. But way too buggy for me right now. I am stock OTA 2.2.

Upvote 0
Now I havent had time to expirement too much with this, but when I open the application, as soon as the white Rovio screen appears, I start sliding my finger around the screen in circles until it gets to the main menu, and the popup notification that it is just the beta. Dont know why, but it never crashes when I do this. If I dont; it continually crashes.

this actually worked...genius! lol thanks

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones