angry with HTC)=<General

Last Updated:

1. xketchupx

xketchupx Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

:mad:
    ive just waisted 30min of my life waiting to talk to a HTC tech rep. i told him some issues were fixed, which they were, theeeennn i told him bout my trackball issue(which is real), he just kept insisting on a factory data reset(which ive done twice and many data resets) and after which to send me to a repair center? wtf is that? he was in a hurry to get me off the phone, ugh, is it worth it to fix it myself? already broke warranty wit leak v2 and 3...just thought id see if anyone else was told this?

Advertisement
  2. xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx Well-Known Member

Didn't think that installing the leaks would void warranty. You sure about this?

xketchupx likes this.
  3. Shnuddy

Shnuddy Well-Known Member

You need to talk to Verizon, not HTC. If there is a problem you can get a replacement.

xketchupx likes this.
  4. xketchupx

yes, i was well informed, everyone was by caddy that it did when posted, but of course we couldnt wait, i shouldve rooted but ya, voids it, not "officiall" htc/verizon software

5. xx_bishop_xx

Even though 2.1v3 is identitcal to the official OTA?

xketchupx likes this.
  6. Shnuddy

xketchupx likes this.
  7. xketchupx

i called verizon the first time for the bug, but ya, i need the account holder to call for me, but will do so later today, but if they wont replace it, should i do it myself?

8. xketchupx

yes, but the HBOOT isnt and that installed is, well, "illegal", lol

9. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

Has anyone actually been told that their warranty is void by either leak or root?

I hear a lot of assuming... but haven't heard anyone that actually was denied an exchange.

Unless it was the actual root or leak that caused my problems, i would go in there and raise hell.

And i guarantee i would walk out with a different phone than the one i walked in with :D (hopefully with a rootable hboot :eek:)

xketchupx likes this.
  10. Shnuddy

xketchupx likes this.
  11. xketchupx

haha, i agree, i dont think that anyones officially said anything, but its big red, they arent as bad as ATT but still, haha

12. xx_bishop_xx

I think it would take a pretty "industrious" VZW rep to determine the HBOOT version. Meaning, a little beyond the average customer service representative.

xketchupx likes this.
  13. majorpay

majorpay Well-Known Member

One piece of advice if you want someone to replace your defective device: Don't tell them you installed the leak! It's exactly the same in every way from every phone coming out now (new ones anyhow). Even the BL is IDENTICAL. They don't know, and they won't care, unless of course you decide to let them know what you did, but then you're just giving them an excuse to not honor your warranty.

xketchupx likes this.
  14. xketchupx

as it says, its is official software, but if it was OFFICIAL the HBOOT would be the same, not different, the OTA HBOOT differs from the v3, but i think i just might go to verizon and see what they say, if they say anything bout leak, ill say i got a notification a while back saying to be a beta tester and told i could update when official is out

15. majorpay

majorpay Well-Known Member

People are getting 1.49 with their brand new phones... identical... i-d-e-n-t-i-c-a-l... You have absolutely nothing to fear if you don't give it away.

edit: And you can update when/if the next update comes out...

xketchupx likes this.
  16. xketchupx

true, my local store, hell, i have more knowledge of phones than anyone there and i doubt they know what firmware or BL, or HBOOT is, haha;)

17. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

Exactly.
    Especially if it's a physical defect like the trackball... as soon as they see the problem, they should start walking to the back to grab a replacement.

They have no reason browse through your phone to check the Hboot/firmware version

xketchupx likes this.
  18. Shnuddy

Just go to VZW. Tell them what the problem is. Don't say anything about the leak. 99.9% chance no one is going to look, ask, care. Read the other threads here. Many people have exchanged their leak phones with no problem. I don't think I've seen anyone who was told that they couldn't because the leak voided their warranty.

xketchupx likes this.
  19. xketchupx

okay, well thanks guys, u made my frown turn upside down, haha, but yes, i will go to the store and MAKE them replace mine.. muhahaha :D

20. xx_bishop_xx

I vote you go into a VZW store and tell them your HBOOT version=1.49 then tell them your trackball is failing. Betcha you get a replacement anyway, and the rep walks away wondering what you were babbling about. ;)

xketchupx likes this.
  21. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

I had to replace my leak 3 phone last week due to a rather large dead area on the screen (naturally had to do the obligatory factory reset first, even though there is no way that particular problem is a software problem). There were no questions about what hboot my phone has. The replacement phone I received has hboot 1.49, so that's clearly NOT an indicator of a voided warranty in Verizon's eyes, nor did the leak present any problem for doing a warranty swap.

xketchupx likes this.
  22. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

i feel like a broken record

doesnt matter what os you are on, even a leak, if you have a REAL PROBLEM with the phone return it.

Jmtegra and xketchupx like this.
  23. xx_bishop_xx

Yeah, didn't you make an almost identical post in another thread? See, that's what happens when you're reputable. ;)

xketchupx likes this.
  24. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

as many have said, lots and LOTS of people are now getting refurbs with hboot 1.49 (the leak, period, fine, the actual leak) straight from verizon.

xketchupx likes this.
  25. jayjay1122

jayjay1122 Well-Known Member

Can you repeat that? ;) :D

xketchupx likes this.