Anibody selling MicroSD with Android v4

1. Ferbat69

Ferbat69 New Member

Would like to get an microSD with the latest version of Android (4) to run on my NookColor. I have tried version Honeycomb but has to many things that do not run or freeze. Thanks a lot

Advertisement
  2. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

HC is crap. It's a Frankenstein collection of drivers and files from various HC tablets and the HC SDK. If you see something similar for Android 4 (ICS), it'll be just from the SDK (ICS programming app). For now, CM7.1 (Android 3.2) is your best bet. We have a guide here that tells how to do it to save yourself $20.

ICS isn't even available on phones yet (another 7 to 14 days) and it takes about a month for the source code to be released after that. Add a couple months of dev time more before we see the first build, so it'll be Feb at the soonest before you see your first unstable build. :D

Dalingrin has stated he's not sure if the Nook Color will get ICS, but it's possible someone else might pick up the project. Upgrading to the Nook Tablet might increase your prospects for ICS tho.
    gsutton and Ferbat69 like this.
  3. Jerry-rigged

Jerry-rigged Well-Known Member

I thought CM7.1 was Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)?
  4. colchiro

My mistake. Guess I'm dyslexic. :D
  5. FyrFytr998

FyrFytr998 Active Member

But getting back on subject, does anyone sell SD cards preloaded?
  6. Valkerie

Valkerie Well-Known Member

There are people that sell them. Why not just make a card? ICS isn't ready for use as a daily driver on the Nook yet any way.
  7. colchiro

There is only one version that has been released. It has no sound, no 3d acceleration, it's barely usable. You won't see any thing worth using until at least 2012.

So, to get back on track, if it is available, you don't want it. :D