animated gif files on droid erisGeneral

Last Updated:

1. sisca

sisca Member This Topic's Starter

is there any way to play gif files on the droid eris? my friends always send me these animated photos and they never work!! is there a setting i need to tweak or am i just s.o.l?

Advertisement
  2. xScorch Muffinx

xScorch Muffinx Well-Known Member

I don't think .GIF files are supported on the Eris, unless it's in a Internet Browser app.

3. xScorch Muffinx

xScorch Muffinx Well-Known Member

I meant .GIF as in the moving ones, because there are .GIF's that don't move.

4. s8njr

s8njr New Member

I just save them to sd card and then open photos icon and click on what you just saves and it should play.

5. roscuthiii

roscuthiii Well-Known Member

Are you using the stock messages app? I believe I had a similar problem until I started using Handscent SMS...

6. Jmtegra

Jmtegra Well-Known Member

That would be cool if you could set .gif as wallpaper..

What are live wallpaper file formats?

7. angel6530

angel6530 New Member

can anyone help me to find or where i can get a gif format or animation to work in the browser because i can not seem to get it working on the weather map on 10 tv in my browser please

8. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Animated .GIF's aren't supported in Android. Its a problem in all Android phones, not just the Eris.

9. Atamagaokashii

Atamagaokashii Member

>_>
    <_<
    As much as I know 4chan isn't enjoyed here, I do frequent 4chan and the kind anon that wrote the Chandroid app ($1) for browsing the chans also wrote a "Chandroid Image Viewer" app (Free as I recall, but I believe it's "supposed" to be an extension of Chandroid. That being said, it shows as it's own app in my app drawer; you may be able to download it by itself.) that supports the .gif extension, albeit a little choppy...

I haven't tried doing this, but once you save pictures in the Chandroid app it makes a folder called "Archive" into which it downloads pictures. You might be able to work around your problem by downloading just the image viewer, making said folder, and viewing them through the app itself. Like I said, I haven't tried it yet, but if I wake up today with enough time before work, I'll give it a test.

10. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

4chan coming to save the day....who would have guessed.

11. Atamagaokashii

Atamagaokashii Member

lol I mostly just lurk on a few threads. 0_o; not so much 4chan to save the day so much as I noticed that the app that helps me lurk while away from home has a image viewer :)