Animated radars not workingGeneral

1. jr461

jr461 Active Member

Great site, love my DI and all the feedback here.

My issue will sound odd but is something bugging me.

I am a weather geek and like having animated radar available on tje phone. The best one to me is Weather Underground, and the mobile version is fast and easy to use. It worked well on my Centre and it loads on the DI, however, the radar remains stationary. I have played with the animations setting and no difference.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. CheezWiz

CheezWiz Well-Known Member

Same here. Noticed that last night. I get no love with skyfire either..
  3. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

I know animated GIF's don't work in the browser, that might have something to do with your problem.
  4. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

I use weatherbugs radar and it works great.
  5. MrToilet

MrToilet Member

Totally agree, even the $1.99 for Weatherbug Elite isn't bad. LOL I have both the clock/weather widget and the Weatherbug widget...oh well. I like the fullscreen weather animations on bootup - especially the rain and windshield wiper, :)
  6. jr461

jr461 Active Member

I found that weatherbug on the pc is buggy (excuse the pun), so I am reluctant to try it on the phone. Does it run well and doesn't screw up ur system?
  7. jr461

jr461 Active Member

Is there a way around this? Can I use another browser for this site?
  8. bhill

bhill Well-Known Member

There's an app called Radar Now. Works fine.
  9. MrToilet

MrToilet Member

I haven't had any problems with it so far, I really like the 4x1 widget for the home screens, and the fact that you can get severe weather alerts, radar, etc all from one screen in the app.
  10. Mahalo

Mahalo Well-Known Member

This is what I decided on too. Works well. I'm in Tampa and do a lot of fishing so, being in the lightning capital of the world (1270 strikes in the Tampa Bay area within 20 minutes a couple of weeks ago) you want to know where the storms are and where they are going!

I'm still hunting for some other weather apps, though, so I might try weather bug too.
  11. malice

malice Well-Known Member

I use Radar now. Heres to the weather geeks!
  12. CheezWiz

CheezWiz Well-Known Member

13. armoredsaint

armoredsaint Well-Known Member

is there an add-on to the HTC weather widget for radar? i would think that would have been an automatic option?
  14. amarryat

amarryat Well-Known Member

That's one of the first things I did when I got my Incredible as well. Their full screen animated map is great. Works perfectly on the iPod Touch, worked but not perfectly on the Blackberry Storm, but no animation on the Incredible.

BTW, I was using iwund.com as that version of their mobile site otherwise worked great on my Blackberry.
  15. amihererightnow

amihererightnow Well-Known Member

I agree weather bug on a pc blows,...
    But weather bug on android works very, very well.