Animated wallpaper battery life?Support

Last Updated:

1. HTC

HTC Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

How much more of a battery drainer is it to have animated wallpapers vs static? what about processing power? I'm not really sure how to measure it.

Advertisement
  2. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

If you go into settings -> about phone -> battery use, you can see the battery consumption for each app that uses more than 1% of the battery.

Live wallpaper (LWP) uses A LOT more battery than static. It really depends on the LWP, different LWP affect battery differently. The most intensive LWP I have uses 1% per minute. If you're on your homescreen for an extended time and want LWP, go with a less intensive one. I use Starfied and it's 1% per 5 minutes.

HTC likes this.
  3. Teknologic

Teknologic Well-Known Member

I use Galactic Core now and it's also fairly light. It's like the Galaxy Live wallpaper but without the hundreds of separate pixels to process it consumes a whole lot less power and resembles a rotating galaxy more accurately :)

So to answer your question. It depends from LWP to LWP and they're only active when they're visible (on your home screens or lock screens). So it also depends on how much time you spend scrolling through your home screens. The most time I spend on my phone are in apps anyway.
    So I think a live wallpaper is worth it for the sake of showing off my phone, in return for a marginal battery loss when I'm using my phone under normal circumstances.

4. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

i use live aquarium and it only shows as 2 percent. minor at best, well worth the oooo's and ahhhhh's i get

5. fabler

fabler Well-Known Member

Not much.. I think..

6. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

Well I don't think a lot of people spend more than a few seconds on their home screen here and there which adds to what a couple of minutes in the day. I think LWP is definitely worth it :D I'm always like, 'why don't you have LWP running', when I see people with static wallpaper. I just find static so BORING!

7. fabler

fabler Well-Known Member

Yeah.. everybody have their own taste.. BTW.. There isn't any option which dynamically change wallpaper (or can say shuffle) on an interval basis. Like some nokia phone (5800) gives that facility.

8. HTC

HTC Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm looking at the mario wallpaper. It just looks so damn cool. I know its probably a massive battery drainer though.

9. ap3604

ap3604 Well-Known Member

Mario got old pretty quick since its the same 3 levels over and over and a drain on the battery...

The live wallpaper with the best battery life is starfield. Its very classy and never makes a dent in my battery power :)