• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Animated Weather Wallpapers perhaps..with 2.1

And what about the G1? I did not pay $400 usd plus only to have it outdated in a year. Not that difficult to make a prigram to run the apps from the Sd Card so there will be enough space on the phone for the updates! As for the anomated desktops you will find them distractive apter a while BUT it they make some that moved slow and interesting it might be ok.

It's over 20 months old.

In the technology world, some things are outdated even before they are released.

You can't expect a company to continue to push out updates for an old device, as that only keeps them (the old phone owners) from buying a new phone that much longer.

Upvote 0
It's over 20 months old.

In the technology world, some things are outdated even before they are released.

You can't expect a company to continue to push out updates for an old device, as that only keeps them (the old phone owners) from buying a new phone that much longer.

I agree, and I feel bad for my friend because he just paid 200 bucks for his g1 last week and he uses tmobile but didnt want to go with the nexus one

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones