• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anime/Manga not so ultimate otaku Lounge

To me, it looked like it cut right to the chase - outstanding imagery, immediately telegraphed character relationships and development potential, and aroused interesting questions.

In a sense, it reminded me of the opening in Snow Crash - you're already savvy to this world, here's the advanced story.

And how often do you see a bad story involving the Tokugawa shogunate?

I have cautiously high hopes for this one.

Upvote 0
I once saw an episode of Siskell & Ebert where they explained that a cartoon is also a form of movie, with many disconnects from reality, just as animated cartoons feature.

SWJ isn't animated but is definitely a cartoon, the sort Vincent Price would call, "deliciously violent." I don't think you'll be disappointed, and I think after you see it, you'll somehow see why I am recommending it here. ;)

Upvote 0
Regarding One Piece...
My mom's staff had a One Piece themed wedding.
Instead of having their bows in front of a priest or whatever, they signed Ruffy's hat.
The also had a presentation about how they grew up, how they met etc, and it all had One Piece slides here and there.
not to mention the treasure hunt and Ruffy and Nami wedding cake.

One Piece is fine, but the wedding was tacky...

Upvote 0
Regarding One Piece...
My mom's staff had a One Piece themed wedding.
Instead of having their bows in front of a priest or whatever, they signed Ruffy's hat.
The also had a presentation about how they grew up, how they met etc, and it all had One Piece slides here and there.
not to mention the treasure hunt and Ruffy and Nami wedding cake.

One Piece is fine, but the wedding was tacky...

OMG that is crazy.

Upvote 0
Curse you orachimaru Yeahha .Damn started reading One piece .So far so good .

Lol I'm on chapter 500 now the writer had to plan on some things years in advance :eek: I am always impressed when parts of the plot come together after 3 major arcs and 300 some chapters

Now I want to see luffy vs naruto :D

If you are reading the sbs corner after some chapters the people who write in are quite creepy sometimes ;)

Upvote 0
I have just reached the grand line !! :) .
The reason I avoided one piece is I watched one episode anime some six years.
Buggy vs Luffy didnt appeal me and I mistook it for one of those wacky kiddie stuff .(a clown and a rubber guy !! ?? !! :p)
Some manga are really not meant to be anime :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I have just reached the grand line !! :) .
The reason I avoided one piece is I watched one episode anime some six years.
Buggy vs Luffy didnt appeal me and I mistook it for one of those wacky kiddie stuff .(a clown and a rubber guy !! ?? !! :p)
Some manga are really not meant to be anime :rolleyes:

Agreed I tried to watch some of the anime and couldn't get thru it. Its really bad when there is a male character with a female voice.

I want to see Gaara vs Crocodile :)

My bet would be on gaara. Crocodile really wasn't that strong. He wasn't even strong enough to go to the grand line instead he got fishmen and terrorized the east blue.

Upvote 0
OK, so I finished the first Lelouch series. It was OK, very good in spots, but it seemed to be hitting Death Note meets Big O.

So, I watched the first episode of Demonbane. Here, dark magic meets Big O. But I am bored, so I'll give it a chance.

Dear Crunchyroll,

More Shinigami, more shinobi, less Big O.

Cheers,
Concerned Neub

By the way, second episode of Brave 10 is available for viewing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones