• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anime/Manga not so ultimate otaku Lounge

I have mixed thoughts .
I prefer anime but Naruto has screwed up animators .They somehow managed to botch the most interesting fight of the whole series (Naruto vs Pain) .
One piece's anime left a bad taste in my mouth ,leaving the manga for almost six years !!
Some anime are just more fantastic than manga .like Fullmetal Alchemist
The major drawback of shonen anime is the stupid fillers .
Anime is dependent on animators .
I hope animators dont screw up battles involving Muu :p
Bleach is bearable,One piece not seen but Naruto is just annoying .

For shonen stuff ,Manga is the best bet since you can catch up faster .

BTW
One piece takes a hell lot of time to catch up since the repetition is low .
Almost everything appears to be new every next issue .

Upvote 0
Yeah there are very little flashbacks to things that were already discussed in one piece, I think that is one reason I like it so much I dont really like reading something I already have...

I was on the fence about anime vs manga but after watching then reading Elfen Lied my mind was made up. Anime not only depends on the animators but also is stuck within constraints some animes would do much better with 30 episodes instead of the 25 or 26 standard so when it comes time to finish it there may be a different ending that changes the outlook of the series.

I left out all spoilers from Elfen Lied because it is a great series and ranks up with one of my personal favs both the manga and anime (even if I didn't like the end) :D

Upvote 0
/Naruto
lol baby nine tails is cute he looks like a pet...and yeah Naruto seems to be destined for greatness...who'd a thunk that?

/One piece
Luffy is so freaking dumb. "Don't answer that" ..."Hi I'm Luffy I'm gonna be pirate king..." :rolleyes: oh and nami has became one of the most useful support characters...burning sea? No problem cloud road!:D

Upvote 0
I am a recovered Anime/Manga addict. I haven't touch one for 3 years now and I am going strong :) When I was an addict...it surpassed my Android/AF Addiction.

I DO have a list of all of the manga/anime that I want to watch or continue off...if ever my addiction returns XD

Yeah I think I could have guessed Moto, HTC, and maybe Samsung for the girls. Apple was pretty easy.

normal_android-tan.png

KAWAII!!! (^_^) lol

So I spent the last day or so (when I wasn't watching football) watching all 37 episodes of Death Note. Not bad, makes me want to read the manga (yet another for my list:eek:)
DN Manga >>>>>> DN Anime. I wasn't too impress with the character development of Kira in the anime and how the ending strays from the manga. :mad:

The manga/anime I miss the most is Claymore and Hunter X Hunter :(

Upvote 0
I am a recovered Anime/Manga addict. I haven't touch one for 3 years now and I am going strong :) When I was an addict...it surpassed my Android/AF Addiction.

I DO have a list of all of the manga/anime that I want to watch or continue off...if ever my addiction returns XD

You should start watching/reading again and join us. :D

DN Manga >>>>>> DN Anime. I wasn't too impress with the character development of Kira in the anime and how the ending strays from the manga. :mad:

I've noticed that happening on a few series where the anime has to finish and can't tell the full story or want's to give a better outlook than the manga. DN is still on my anime to read list, which is ever growing.

The manga/anime I miss the most is Claymore and Hunter X Hunter :(

I loved watching Claymore, yet another on my manga to read list :D Havent got around to Hunter X Hunter yet but guess where it is...;)

Upvote 0
Just when I was catching up to Early's List ,Roze adds some more ....

/Off Topic
Transformers Prime Season 2 will begin with three part prelude featuring Orion Pax (Optimus Prime's name before he became a prime ) .
If you hated the movies and TF Prime is a decent series :D .
Optimus joins Decepticons in a thriller season one ending .

Upvote 0
:p . I have not . !! :eek: !!? *&^ . I dont even remember names of some of the Animes I have seen . Usually I take recommendations from a otaku pal .
Thats probably the point of this Lounge .(Other than deanimating Forum Games ) Get to know different anime series :D .

I watched the whole season of Berserk in one sitting! I am pretty bad with names...especially one that's not in English. Since you mention Otaku in your post, you reminded me of this wickedly hilarious Seine Anime. It just plays off the stereotype of what people think of an Otaku to look like (overweight, glass wearing manga loving - girlfriendless nerds). The main character is an Otaku but looks anything but. He's a bishonen with a hot girlfriend and has a great sense of style. So the plot involves the gf trying to get him to not be an Otaku. If anyone else knows this anime, please tell me the name XD

Upvote 0
I watched the whole season of Berserk in one sitting! I am pretty bad with names...especially one that's not in English. Since you mention Otaku in your post, you reminded me of this wickedly hilarious Seine Anime. It just plays off the stereotype of what people think of an Otaku to look like (overweight, glass wearing manga loving - girlfriendless nerds). The main character is an Otaku but looks anything but. He's a bishonen with a hot girlfriend and has a great sense of style. So the plot involves the gf trying to get him to not be an Otaku. If anyone else knows this anime, please tell me the name XD

Hmmmm - that's not one of these, is it?

Early GhostMon

They Call Me Mr. PokieMon

JamaicaMon Jutsu

GirlieMon Master

Early Girls Vanguard

Eureka Fortune, Cookie!

Ryutaro Rangerettes

Because, honestly, I can't shake the feeling that I somehow know this story, Roze. :thinking:

Upvote 0

Was it Genshiken?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones