• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

annekap

Lurker
Dec 1, 2013
Have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 and the home page is not recognising my location for the weather.

Have spent what seems like an eternity on the phone with Samsung trying to resolve this. In the end they suggested I contact Accuweather which I did and they tell me it is a Samsung issue.

Have forwarded all correspondence to Samsung and await further response.

I hope I'm not just going to be passed back and forth on this.

Anyone have any words of wisdom.

The location service is based on your GPS location; so do other apps that use GPS work correctly? Do you have GPS switched on and the app permissions allowing it to use your location?

Open Google maps and see if it picks up your current location. If it doesn't, there maybe a callibration issue with GPS; and that would be a Samsung issue. Normally a factory reset would fix it, unless it is an actual hardware failure.

Try another weather app and see if that works...if it does then it's accuviews problem.

If GPS isn't available it will try to use your wireless/ 3g position to locate you, not always accurate.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones