1. andbot

andbot New Member

Hello,

My name is Courtney and I am trying to get an android application
    review site up and running.
    As of the posting there are over 20K apps in the android market place
    and it's getting difficult to find the really great apps. My idea is
    to provide the community with quality app reviews so that we can
    highlight all the great Android apps out there.

I am currently looking for cool apps to review if you would like to
    have your android app reviewed just shoot me an email and I'll follow
    up with you.

Thanks,
    Courtney
    andbot@andbot.com

Advertisement
  2. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

There are so many app review sites already. What will your site offer that the others don't?
  3. Lukehluke

Lukehluke Well-Known Member

There are quite a few of them and you will have to work hard to get people to visit it :D
  4. andbot

andbot New Member

Great questions.

For one I plan to do quality reviews with lots of screenshots and possibly videos of the apps.
    For developers I see it as a way to promote their apps. Because there are so many apps out there already you need a way to make your app stand out.

As for traffic I intend to draw users in by making the android market browsable online. Too my knowledge there are only a handful of sites out there that currently do that and the ones that do don't do reviews. The site offers powerful search features and has a clean design which makes browsing the market from the web easy.
  5. bradley975

bradley975 Active Member

I for one would welcome a site like this...look forward to visiting.
  6. (G)

(G) Well-Known Member

Best of luck. We need something like this. Keep us posted.
  7. mandrazhoid

mandrazhoid Member

would be great if your site will have mobile version
  8. cwrig

cwrig Well-Known Member

Would be handy of you provided filters or sorting by cost, popularity etc... Its rather intimidating to scroll through 1000s of items in a list. The cruel truth is a large % of apps are not someone's time of day. So providing an easier way to see just the useful apps per person would be helpful.

It is a clean design, just limited in features for now.
  9. uwe

uwe Well-Known Member

Sounds great. We at AppBrain are also working on making it easier to find great Android apps.
    We have an Embed API which allows to embed information about apps into any website. Maybe interesting for your reviews to provide the readers with the latest download/rating/price information etc.