• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Announcing Pocket Legends Android Closed Beta

Varking

Jan 11, 2010
Spam Prison
asommers said:
Spacetime Studios is excited to announce the closed beta of the Android client for Pocket Legends. We are looking for a pool of about 50 testers to help us test the Android client before it is released near the end of this year. We will be looking for a wide variety of devices and configurations. Testers will be responsible for identifying and reporting issues to the development team.

The initial phase of beta will be limited to existing Pocket Legends players and forum users that have purchased Platinum. We want people already familiar with the game to be able to compare functionality with their existing iDevice.

If you meet the criteria and wish to help, please email support(at)spacetimestudios.com with the subject line [Android Beta] and the following information:

1) Name
2) Email address (which must match your Pocket Legends account email address)
3) What is your character name, and how long have you been playing Pocket Legends?
4) Forum name (so we can give access to protected forums)
5) Primary Apple Device Model (iPad, iPhone, iPod touch)
6) Android Device Model, OS Version, Device Id (the Android client will be locked to your device)
7) A little background information about yourself and why you think you'll be able to help us.

Testers will be notified via email of acceptance and further instructions.

Please do not ask to be in the beta in this thread.

Thanks!

-ALS

Just one step closer to launch for Android and our first true 3d MMO!

Let me find out if there is an NDA.

Even if there is none, I doubt they are going to put dates one it.

One thing is for sure though, the Thanksgiving time frame they mentioned in a tweet has not slipped to "near the end of the year". Oh well, looks like I'll be stuck in the forums, posting every so often. But knowing that there is an android client out in the wild and that I don't have it is so..so...soooo... AHHHH!!!

Upvote 0
Surely somone might miss place a apk file for it? Don't post to much or the evil ban hammer will get you! Lol so here's playing angry birds till iam freaking sick of it. Guess ill just play allods at home and watch my hbo shows at work till it comes out. I was just joking about some one missplaceing a apk file.......seriously though! ;p

Ps. Be nice if they at least let android users start to play free content since main thing there worried about is currency buying issues.

Upvote 0
Even if there is none, I doubt they are going to put dates one it.

One thing is for sure though, the Thanksgiving time frame they mentioned in a tweet has not slipped to "near the end of the year". Oh well, looks like I'll be stuck in the forums, posting every so often. But knowing that there is an android client out in the wild and that I don't have it is so..so...soooo... AHHHH!!!
I just want to know if the testers are going to have to keep quiet about everything or if they will let them talk about it all.

Upvote 0
Is there really much that can be said its pl just on android. Unless they are gona be mentioning release dates and stuff. Other then that iam assuming they main thing there worried about is the currency buying thing, but what are the beta testers gona squeal about? I bought platinum today and it worked? I mean not much to talk about unless there is extra content that android users will get wich is def a no go lol.

It would be really nice if they would at least let the android ppl play the free version of the game till they release the full thing. Its free in the app store for idevices so we wouldn't have to use that part of the game till they get it fixed. Plus it would be great for the company. After everyone gets a little taste they will be litterly biteing at the bit to spend there hard earned cash to continue lvling there toon and. Get a few extra things. Win win for both sides!

Upvote 0
Is there really much that can be said its pl just on android. Unless they are gona be mentioning release dates and stuff. Other then that iam assuming they main thing there worried about is the currency buying thing, but what are the beta testers gona squeal about? I bought platinum today and it worked? I mean not much to talk about unless there is extra content that android users will get wich is def a no go lol.

It would be really nice if they would at least let the android ppl play the free version of the game till they release the full thing. Its free in the app store for idevices so we wouldn't have to use that part of the game till they get it fixed. Plus it would be great for the company. After everyone gets a little taste they will be litterly biteing at the bit to spend there hard earned cash to continue lvling there toon and. Get a few extra things. Win win for both sides!

I couldn't agree more. The beta testers are probably on a different server so if something does go south then the testers wont need to worry about loosing items or there toon setting there dieing. And from what I gathered they don't have very many testers either. How many people on the forums ever talked about Android? not many.... It would just be a better bet if the current beta is just a functional test of on screen displays and function and then let the beta open up to other android users so that more eyes can find the code issues where different devices will play in to it and different users doing different stuff... I am hoping they open it up soon. I would hate to have to wait all the way to launch day just to find out that the app is broken on my device and or something was missed from the small beta group.

Upvote 0
To answer some questions though, the game will be Beta'd on the same server as the regular players. As pointed out, there will not be many people to test an Android version so in order to test the group features, and make sure we can play fine and not have any bugs playing with people on idevices and eventually PCs, we will have to be on the normal server.

As to, what is there to hide? What if things go horribly wrong? What if the beta testers made it sound like everything is pretty much good to go, but STS thinks things need more tweaking first? Those testers are going to piss off the player base on Android waiting to play by misleading them. What if there are perks to being a tester? What if they are testing things in this closed beta that will be used for their new mmo?

There are many reasons I can think of for an NDA and when I asked if there will be one, I was told things are still being discussed about it.

What is this game? Some kind of Strategy game like ''Age of empires'' or something?
To this quote, the game is a 3d MMORPG. It is a cross between the mmo aspect of World of Warcraft, but an item system similar to Diablo games.

Upvote 0
To answer some questions though, the game will be Beta'd on the same server as the regular players. As pointed out, there will not be many people to test an Android version so in order to test the group features, and make sure we can play fine and not have any bugs playing with people on idevices and eventually PCs, we will have to be on the normal server.

That's cool to know as I was speculating that it might be hazardous to play a "beta" of a game that could potentially damage your characters on the server.

As to, what is there to hide? What if things go horribly wrong? What if the beta testers made it sound like everything is pretty much good to go, but STS thinks things need more tweaking first? Those testers are going to piss off the player base on Android waiting to play by misleading them. What if there are perks to being a tester? What if they are testing things in this closed beta that will be used for their new mmo?

It's like this in every beta of every program I have ever tested, and that has been quit a few. There are always a few angry people who didn't make it into the beta for one reason or another. But I think here we have several people biting at the teeth that would love to beta test for their platform and have been told no since they didn't buy into another platform. That is what is causing the angry mob ;) but I know where you are coming from and I would keep my lips sealed until I knew I could talk.

The way I see it, time moves forward and one day I'll get to play so no worries, it'll come... it'll come...

Upvote 0
Yeah that is the most recent update we ever got via Twitter from them.

Have the actual quote from the Tweat (and the date) about the Thanksgiving release?

Hopefully it comes out sooner than later. =) This was released on the 13th of October:

PocketLegendsDevices.jpg

Upvote 0
Have the actual quote from the Tweat (and the date) about the Thanksgiving release?

just google pocket legends twitter and pan through it, it's not far down the list. But the beta page clearly says near the end of this year so that kinda blows the whole thanksgiving release out of the water.

I do suspect that they have tested pretty decent in house and that the beta testers really wont find much to bug about. The real testing will be when it is released to a wider audience, we shall see how that goes.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones