• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

annoying ad pop up

hi team, this is my first post on your forum. i have a galaxy s2 and i am receiving an annoying pop up ad in my pull down menu. it has been popping up once a day for over 2 weeks now advertising the game King Fighter II but last night it popped up 5 times during the night, this is annoying the hell out of me.
can you please give an idea on how to remove this

I used airpush detector although I hardly get pop ups, but I do. It mentioned two apps, I uninstalled one and is it important to delete which ever it mentions? Because the second one is Music Paradise, the one I use to download music directly on my galaxy nexus. :(

Have a look in the app's description in Market/Play Store: ... notification ads by LeadBolt. These ads may be turned off from preferences screen.

Harry

Upvote 0
Have a look in the app's description in Market/Play Store: ... notification ads by LeadBolt. These ads may be turned off from preferences screen.
Yes, and for the benefit of people experiencing this with apps that do not offer such an opt-out feature... pretty much your only choice is to remove the app or live with the ads. If you are rooted, you could try revoking C2DM and/or Internet permissions, but it may not work in every case, or the app may refuse to load.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones