Annoying beep when on charger Note 2Support

1. jevs

jevs Member

I just picked up a Note 2 last night and the charging is being very annoying. It beeps and pops up Charging 99% and lights the screen up. Then the screen fades out and a bit later it does this again. It is a never ending cycle it seems. My phone also locked up making some weird noise while on the charger and would not respond to anything so I had to remove the battery.

What do I do to make this beeping stop? It is very annoying when your trying to sleep.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Fr0stTr0n

Fr0stTr0n Well-Known Member

Sounds faulty and should be exchanged
  3. jevs

jevs Member

I saw a couple other posts of people complaining about the full charge beep going off constantly. Based on that I am not sure it is faulty. I did not see a good solution though. Just talking about "rooting" the phone. I don't really want to get into hacking the phone to get rid of this annoyance. I don't have time to mess with hacking cell phones.

If anyone has an easy way to turn this off, please let me know. I normally throw my phone up on the charger next to my xlink when I get home and that is where it stays till the next day. I just answer it and make calls through all the regular phones in the house once I get home. The constant beeping is annoying though.
  4. Veritas4420

Veritas4420 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking it might be carrier specific. My AT&T N2 does not beep at all.
  5. jevs

jevs Member

My phone is Verizon bought through Best Buy if that helps...
  6. gcbzzzz

gcbzzzz New Member

AT&T here. same thing happens when i attach any charger that is not low Amps, such as my old phone charger. it keeps beeping ad nauseum
  7. rcyphermd

rcyphermd Well-Known Member

8. rabernet

rabernet Well-Known Member

I'm on Verizon - my phone has never beeped when getting to full charge.
  9. almath

almath Well-Known Member

My outcome was when I use the white charger that came with my Sprint phone I don't hear the beep anymore.
  10. cgi777

cgi777 New Member

In my case it was the charger's usb connector. Just the slightest wiggle and the phone would beep as if it was unplugged and plugged back in. Fixed by switching to different cable.
  11. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me Guide

My Note 2 is on Sprint (if that matters) & I didn't hear any beeps no matter what charger I've used.
    Since I have 3 batteries I cannot test that theory cause I no longer plug my phone in to charge.
  12. campo86

campo86 New Member

Hi

My partner and I have been having the same problem with this beeping noise on our mobile phones and so I've came to this forum to find out how to fix it but found nothing.. But wait i have figured out what causes the beeps to happen an its your NFC - Sharing.. I went to my file explorer and found the file sound that matched to the sound of the beeping and the file name was (S_beam_error.ogg) so I googled the sound error and it came up to be the NFC so i went to my settings and turned off my NFC - sharing and now the beeping has stopped on mine and my partners mobile...

Hope this all helps you all out and get some sleep from it...