Annoying blank Home ScreenSupport

Last Updated:

1. Chuck1906

Chuck1906 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anybody know why the home screen goes blank for up to 30 seconds after you send a text or use an app? This is annoying.

Advertisement
  2. AMTrombley0924

AMTrombley0924 VIP Member VIP Member

This is because your homescreen is being dumped from memory in order to run memory intensive apps. It's called home screen redraws. Are you using a home replacement app like Launcher Pro or ADW.Launcher?

There is a way to lock your homescreen into memory, but you need to be rooted.

3. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Well-Known Member

I'm using Launcher Pro (paid) and have never seen a problem like that. Sounds like another issue to me.

4. x026092

x026092 Well-Known Member

See the "Droid and 2.2- has it slowed your droid down?" thread.

5. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

6. x026092

x026092 Well-Known Member

yes, that one.

7. Turdbogls

Turdbogls Well-Known Member

this is a pretty common issue. if you dont have this problem, consider yourself lucky.

i (along with many others) have tried all home replacement apps and stock home app with problems.

even the "lock int memory" trick hasn't worked for me completely, although it is for the most part working like it should, but still have SOME readraws. not nearly as bad as before.

8. Chuck1906

Chuck1906 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

No I have the stock home...no Launcher Pro app but someone suggested I use that for better results...should I?

9. Turdbogls

Turdbogls Well-Known Member

give it a try, but if you are like me, it wont help much. however Launcher Pro is amazing so i would use it anyway :)

10. Rodeojones

Rodeojones Well-Known Member

I used to have this problem from time to time and I tried everything I could to get rid of redraws. But I saw on Droid-life.com a script you can run (obviously, you have to be rooted) that was supposed to take care of this issue. After running that script I haven't had a single redraw. It's wonderful.

I know this script has been discussed on this forurm before, but I can't find it. Here's the link to the droid-life info: Ask Dr. Root: Themed App Upgrade Problems, Home Screen Re-Draws - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

AMTrombley0924 likes this.
  11. AMTrombley0924

AMTrombley0924 VIP Member VIP Member

This is the perfect redraw fix. I used it and my LP homescreens are there every time without failure. I highly recommend it.