1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Annoying drop downs in this site

1. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

How annoying are these automatic drop downs that go along the top of the page of this site now. (ie. Home, Carriers, Phones, etc..)

Muchly annoyance. Preferred it the way it used to be.
    :banghead:

Advertisement
  2. Logan47

Logan47 Disabled

Very much so, they descend on every occasion my mouse brushes past them. First visit of the day they always catch me out. I could block them with noscript but it also disables some other useful functionality from the site.
    Mobile browse happily no problems...
  3. Calvo1

Calvo1 Well-Known Member

A+1 for this....really annoying. Love the site though
  4. vosg

vosg Well-Known Member

+1, it's terrible indeed.
  5. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

+1 Hopefully we'll get a delay between mousing over and them opening added, like the old navy bars used to.
  6. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Still no movement on this?

It's getting annoying.
  7. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

I've passed this along with the rest of the template feedback, I'll ask if they've had a chance to look at it. I'd like a delay, too.
  8. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Agree they're annoying. Now the links are broken. Is work being done on them? (or is it possible my AdBlock is killing them)
    [​IMG]
  9. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

All of the links appear to be broken for me as well.

I've been wanting to post this for a while, but have just decided to deal with it. But after seeing all of the links are dead I realize there is no point to this at all. Please add a delay or enable us to disable them if we so decide.
  10. Phases

What links are broken?? They are all working for me. I had found broken ones after the first time it was mentioned and those all got fixed - but not seeing any now.

Which?
  11. MacFett

I just cleared my cache to be sure. So far I've found the Asus Transformer Prime and Asus Padfone (both under tablets) to be broken.
  12. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Links are now working. Don't know if it was temporary or what.
  13. SUroot

Any update on the drop-down speed issue?
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  14. Phases

I've asked about it a couple times, told to hold off as the dev is on a project. Remind me after a little time.

Thanks!
  15. SamXp

SamXp Well-Known Member

This is awful. I hardly come to this site any more because of it. Each time I open a page, it drops down all the menus.
  16. SUroot

I use tapatalk more often now.
  17. MacFett

Not an option on my notebook.
  18. SUroot

Unless it runs windows then you can install the bluestacks platform that will run tapatalk (yes I have ;) )

However, quite right if it runs Linux
  19. Phases

Asking for a delay..
    NightAngel79 and MacFett like this.
  20. MacFett

I don't know if anything was changed, but it seems there is now a delay on the dropdown going away instead of appearing. When I accidentally mouse over it it doesn't always go away when I move the mouse away from it. It will go up and then drop right back down and stay making it impossible to get to the navigation bar (user cp and others) as well as the reply button and depending on the dropdown it also covers the first post.
  21. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

It still appears/disppears instantly for me on chrome and firefox. I'm not sure what's going on there.
  22. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles VIP Member

Same for me.
  23. Phases

I asked for a delay and he misunderstood and slowed the effect of the drop down and draw up, but not a delay on when it starts.

So I had him revert it, and he should put the delay in effect in the morning. :)

It will be minimal. Very minimal. Basically, I've said it needs only be long enough to allow the mouse to naturally pass over without triggering it, but no more.
    bberryhill0 likes this.
  24. MacFett

I thought something was fishy.

Can't wait.

Would it be possible for there to be something in the User CP where you can specify the delay? Where it is set to start at .75seconds or something and you can increase it to 3600seconds?
  25. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

So is it just me or is it still popping up instantly?