ANNOYING Freezing problem with my Galaxy SSupport

Last Updated: 2010-11-03 18:51:51
  1. LeeUHF

LeeUHF Active Member

Hey guys,

Ive had my Galaxy S since august now and this problem has got worse and worse.

Answering calls/moving to the next screen checking contacts, using apps. anything you name it, My screen Freezes.

The single most annoying one is when my phone rings and the screen wont catch up. it just stays black while the phone is still ringing not letting me swipe the button to answer, Same for putting it down.

The problem is getting really bad now for everything and wondered If there is a way to prevent this or if this is a factory fault Im stuck with or If I have a dodgy handset.

Please help with any info on getting my phone up to scratch.

Its supposed to have the fastest memory for christ sake.

Advertisement
  2. wellibob

wellibob Well-Known Member

If your on default software 2.1 , and have not applied any form of lag fix, this is likely to happen. I HATED this phone, untill i put on a custom rom (voodoo lag fix) and it did change the way the phone operated massively.
  3. LeeUHF

LeeUHF Active Member

Ok Im not sure what this means.

Can you help?

How do I see what software Im using.

And how do I lag fix ?

Is it easy to do? Will I have to delete all my files?

Thanks in advance.

Bare with me as Im quite novice when It comes to these phones so Im still learning how to do technical stuff.
  4. LeeUHF

LeeUHF Active Member

Ive had a look and If Im right...

Firmware version 2.1 update1
  5. LeeUHF

LeeUHF Active Member

Theres lots of other info too like build Number, Kernel Version, Baseband version etc?
  6. LeeUHF

LeeUHF Active Member

Hmm Im trying to find out how to sort this but Its saying I have to root my devise and im scared Ill loose all my apps and all my contacts list :/
  7. LeeUHF

LeeUHF Active Member